Author Topic: Level 2 Expansion - Jetway Keystroke / Livery  (Read 2933 times)

PC Pilot

Level 2 Expansion - Jetway Keystroke / Livery
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:28:40 am »
Hello, FSDT Team:

Great product! I had a little trouble activating SODE which was causing a jetway issue but I was eventually able to resolve it for P3D v4 (I also have FSX but did not install the Level 2 package). Anyway, I noticed the keystrok "Ctrl-J" no longer works. Currently I need to do the following to operate the jetway:

1. Ctrl-F12 to open the menu.
2. Choose option 6 to "Operate Jetway".
3. Select which jetway (normally just 1)
4. Confirm jetway selection

Is this correct? Or is there a way to just use CTRL-J?

Side question: is there a way to custom paint the jetway for virtual airlines that do not mimick a real world air carrier? Or in other words, add a custom logo to the jetway?

I am still giving this a test spin so I haven't seen the actual passengers yet (working on how to set glass jetway), however, I do miss the simplicity of being able to press "Ctrl-J" and have the jetway extend like the previous version of GSX.

Good job so far and I am looking forward to seeing what all this version can do: just curious about what I've mentioned.  ;)

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Level 2 Expansion - Jetway Keystroke / Livery
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:09:27 pm »
Is this correct? Or is there a way to just use CTRL-J?

Not possible. CTRL+J works only on default jetways. Now they are SODE jetways, so they must be used that way.

Side question: is there a way to custom paint the jetway for virtual airlines that do not mimick a real world air carrier? Or in other words, add a custom logo to the jetway?

I do miss the simplicity of being able to press "Ctrl-J" and have the jetway extend like the previous version of GSX.

And to think we were considering making a complete jetway simulation, with its real-world control panel for a future version...in any case, no, in the previous GSX version, SODE jetways were already working this way.

jbinner

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:25:59 pm »
sorry was there an answer to the side question?

LEVEL2 looks great, I am very curious about the "logo" area, but where do they hide? And is it as simple as dropping a file there and selecting it? (for a Virtual Airline this is golden)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 09:08:59 pm »
LEVEL2 looks great, I am very curious about the "logo" area, but where do they hide? And is it as simple as dropping a file there and selecting it? (for a Virtual Airline this is golden)

No, it's not simple. The logo are in the Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_logo and, have a look at this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18638.0.html

jbinner

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 09:17:46 pm »
not exactly what I am looking for. I have a logo, for MCA (MidContinent) Airlines. It's a VA. doesn't have a real-world counterpart, so I need to add logo and IATA code for it. On the level2 screens, there is a section for logo. I can't just drop the logo into a folder, and have that logo appear in the list?

Not even worried about matching right now, just want to add it to the available list.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:19:39 pm »
We don't care if the IATA codes are real or not, the only thing that matters is if they match. So, I suggest using directly Midcontinent as a code. Be careful though: if you don't keep a copy of your changes, the first Live Update will remove them all.

jbinner

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 10:16:14 pm »
22 years in the IT industry as a career and this is not happening for me. I have tried to follow your threads, tried to follow the GSX paintkit, dropped the logo and referenced it, and the level2 screeen with a "Logo" area STILL does not list MCA as a logo choice.

Is there not a step by step somewhere on how to do this?

jbinner

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 10:21:44 pm »
ok,. have gotten further, now I get a "blank" logo in the GSX editor telling me I can use the GSX parking editor to change LOGO. But, I don't see my logo as an option?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 04:06:40 am »
It's difficult to tell what you did wrong, without looking at changes you made to the files. Have you read this thread here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18490.0.html