Author Topic: Logos?  (Read 4312 times)

Hnla

Logos?
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:40:58 am »
Hi there,

GSX V2 looks great. Quick question:

Where are all the logos for the huge airlines on the jetways? Delta, Southwest, Frontier.. seem to be missing ...

PC Pilot

Re: Logos?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 03:29:59 am »
I mentioned this in my other post then realized maybe this is a better thread. Is there a way to create and load custom logos for the jetway? Specifically, for virtual airlines which do not represent any real world carrier.

BillS511

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:01:55 am »
Been trying to figure this out too. In the past I've created a couple airline logos to add to GSE with success. I thought this would be just as easy...
First off I can't find the FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4 model in the Jetway Editor model list or is this model under a different title in the list?

This is what I've come up with so far.

All the airline logos are in this location: C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Staircase except for my airlines they are in the ..\FSDT_Staircase_USER\ folder.

For the jetway logos they are in the C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SODE_jetway logo folder are the jetway airline texture folders containing a texture.cfg with texture fallback commands pointing to the staircase folder containing the airline logo textures.

For American Trans Air I'm adding:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_USER\TEXTURE.TZ
fallback.2=..\texture

These are my additions in the sim.cfg file in the FSDT_SODE_jetway_logo folder.

[fltsim.420]
title = FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO_TZ American Trans Air
texture = TZ
model = FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO

[fltsim.421]
title = FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_8_LOGO_WN
texture = WN
model = FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_8_LOGO

What I can't figure out is which file has the logo list that shows in the jetway editor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 11:42:33 am »
What I can't figure out is which file has the logo list that shows in the jetway editor.

The editor doesn't recognize texture Fallback commands so, if you want a preview in the editor (it's just the preview, the simulator *will* show the texture), it must stay in a texture.XXX folder under the FSDT_jetway_logo folder.

Ifikratis

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 02:48:35 pm »
Hello,

Could you be a little more specific of what steps should be done to add a jetway logo? I'm trying to add the Piraeus bank logo for LGAV. What I did and still does not work so far is the following:

1) I created a new folder under the \FSDT_SODE_jetway logo folder named 'texture.PIRAEUS_BANK'

2) Inside that folder I edited the .dds file to represent the logo I want to use (180 rotated and horizontally inverted)

3) Inside the same folder, I edited the texture.cfg to show:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_SODE_JETWAY_LOGO\TEXTURE.PIRAEUS_BANK
fallback.2=..\texture

4) I then edited the sim.cfg file under the \FSDT_SODE_jetway logo folder, by adding the following entry:

[fltsim.420]
title = FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_8_LOGO_PIRAEUS_BANK
texture = PIRAEUS_BANK
model = FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_8_LOGO

However, after this steps the logo does not show under the preview tab in order to add it to the jetway. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:54:45 pm by Ifikratis »

Ifikratis

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 12:55:58 pm »
Any help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 12:59:46 pm »

Ifikratis

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 11:23:42 pm »
Thank you very much Umberto! I'll follow the guide there.