Author Topic: still having problems installing GSX with FSX Gold Edition windows 10  (Read 1619 times)

rsperge

I am still having problems installing GSX. I have windows 10, FSX Gold Edition with acceleration.
I removed all of my airports from the scenery library and from the control panel.  I then downloaded my airports form the product page, Kord, JFK 2, Lax 2 Vancouver, Houston, Dallas, Memphis, and Charlotte, and then finally GSX

I excluded all of my downloads and installations with my antivirus, along with the entire addon manager folder.

Once everything was installed started up fsx in the addon menue on top have both GSX and addon manager there, along with Couati settings, and live update as well and Sode 1.6.3
 Now for example landing at KJFK and pressing CTRL +12 I get, Open JetBlue Hanger,Open triple hanger 1, and etc  Gates do not come up. I also have the Couati live update on the desktop.  I am using Symantic Endpoint Protection {Norton} and Malwarebytes.  What am I doing wrong here ?  When you start FSX in the addon menue on top, should GSX be on top of addon manager ? is there a certain order in the addon menue ?  Need some help here.  thanks, Ronny

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: still having problems installing GSX with FSX Gold Edition windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 10:41:37 pm »
Once everything was installed started up fsx in the addon menue on top have both GSX and addon manager there, along with Couati settings, and live update as well and Sode 1.6.3

This means everything's working and all our software is running.

Now for example landing at KJFK and pressing CTRL +12 I get, Open JetBlue Hanger,Open triple hanger 1, and etc  Gates do not come up.

That's precisely what you are supposed to see at FSDT KJFK: the YouControl menu, because what you pressed is NOT the GSX, but the YouControl menu key that, on an airport that doesn't have YouControl (all non-FSDT ones) *happens* to call GSX, but it's not really the GSX key, which is CTRL+Shift+F12 instead.

However, you are supposed to have the option to call GSX as the 2nd entry in the YouControl menu.

Do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" at the sim startup ? If not, try the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu.