Author Topic: Q400 FUELING ISSUE  (Read 7356 times)

Gabe777

Re: Q400 FUELING ISSUE
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:00 am »
Hi.

Thnx for the elaboaration.

I will give it some more experimentation.

The reason I referred to the first flight of the day, is simply because the Options start with "Deboarding". Clearly this is not required !

So, to start the ENTIRE process and have it run sequentially, which option do I start with ? Simple.

Now, I assume that I start with either Deboarding..... or, if not appropriate, Catering Vehicles.

Then, Boarding starts...... and I send for the fuel at the end..... if I want it ?

Thnx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2019, 04:14:41 pm »
Yes. Although, I suggest controlling GSX yourself. Auto-servicing was an option we added because many users asked for it, but I'm not very convinced of its utility...

Gabe777

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 04:50:13 pm »
Well, I set to progressive fuelling, and when it asks me to put the fuel in, whatever I coose - 33, 66 or 100%, it only puts 127,000 lbs.

Wierd huh ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2019, 11:17:06 pm »
Well, I set to progressive fuelling, and when it asks me to put the fuel in, whatever I coose - 33, 66 or 100%, it only puts 127,000 lbs.

Are you still referring to the airplane in the subject, the Q400 ? If yes, haven't you read my previous explanation ? I'll repeat again the relevant part:

But of course, if the plane doesn't *really* use a default Fuel system, then you should tell GSX. And in that case, GSX will NOT refuel the airplane anymore, but will react to the airplane refueling itself.

However, if the airplane use a totally custom fuel system, one that use non-standard variables (and I suspect the Q400 might be the case, since it uses a non-standard flight model, and it's unique in this regard), you CANNOT use GSX refueling with it, plain and simple, since there's no way GSX could possibly know about an internal fuel simulation, possibly with tanks in custom variables known only to the airplane code

I'll try to make it even more clearer, I really don't know how to express myself any better:

- If the airplane is flagged as using the default Fuel page ( option Enabled ), GSX will assume IT CAN refuel it, so it will TRY to refuel it using the STANDARD Fuel Variables

- If the airplane is flagged not NOT use the default Fuel page ( option Disabled ), GSX will NOT refuel it, but it will monitor the STANDARD Fuel Variables, to check what the airplane is doing to REFUEL ITSELF, and adapt the GSX animations to it. Of course, assuming you are following the procedure in the manual, to wait for the message from the Fuel truck and then change the Fuel quantity on the airplane. This works for 99% of the airplane that have custom refueling simulations that use the STANDARD fuel tanks variables, but have some custom refueling process that GSX can adapt to, without doing any refueling by itself. Meaning = GSX will *READ* those variables, but it will never *WRITE* to.

- If the airplane is using a totally custom fuel simulation, and this is a very rare case, but it's very likely the Q400 is the one and only using this method, it cannot be used with GSX refueling. Plain and simple. No way out, regardless of the option and there's just nothing we can do about it, unless the airplane came with some kind of SDK that could allow 3rd party developers to read its own custom fuel variables and, assuming such SDK existed, we would have to update GSX to support it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:24:07 pm by virtuali »

Gabe777

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 09:10:46 am »
No sorry, I 'm now referring to the 747.

Only ever puts in (progressively) 127,000 lbs... and keeps me informed of the amount in the message bar. Also, I sometimes get asked 2 or 3 times to set the amount of fuel. Sometimes just once.

Surprised that such a popular addon, as the PMDG 747, hasn't been fine tuned !

No matter what I do when it asks me to "Use the CDU to fuel your aircraft", I only ever get 127,000 lbs ! I can use the Turn Type, or directly in the Fuel menu, 33 or 66 or 100..... only ever get the amount that corresponds with the Short haul: 33% = around 60,000 KG.

But...... I can live with it. Life's too short. So let's just call it Case Closed, for the sake of my sanity.

Thnx
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:17:39 am by Gabe777 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 10:15:52 am »
Only ever puts in (progressively) 127,000 lbs... and keeps me informed of the amount in the message bar. Also, I sometimes get asked 2 or 3 times to set the amount of fuel. Sometimes just once.

Please clarify what do you mean with "Only ever puts in". When the airplane is flagged NOT to use the default Fuel page, GSX is not "putting" ANYTHING in it!

Surprised that such a popular addon, as the PMDG 747, hasn't been fine tuned !

Of course it has.

No matter what I do when it asks me to "Use the CDU to fuel your aircraft", I only ever get 127,000 lbs ! I can use the Turn Type, or directly in the Fuel menu, 33 or 66 or 100..... only ever get the amount that corresponds with the Short haul: 33% = around 60,000 KG.

The PMDG 747 is fully supported and in the configuration that comes with GSX, it has been flagged to NOT used the default Fuel page. Which is confirmed by the fact you see the message from GSX which says to use the CDU to fuel the airplane.

What do you mean, exactly, with "only ever get the amount". What you are referring to ? The GSX Fuel counter truck, or the quantity actually loaded BY THE PLANE ?