Author Topic: Can we move static objects from the sceneries? **SOLVED**  (Read 2493 times)

DreamSkywards

Can we move static objects from the sceneries? **SOLVED**
« on: July 24, 2018, 08:33:12 pm »
Good evening,

I decided to post this topic in General as I assume this could be visible in other (FSDT or not) sceneries too.

Is there a way for the end user to remove, or just move static objects elsewhere on the scenery?

I mean it dosen't hurt your operations in the flightdeck but, seeing GSX vehicles go through static objects, or even said objects blocking your way is rather awkward.

Here is an example from Geneva:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/920/42899140374_601278a888_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/941/41808657470_d736a46e60_b.jpg
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:29:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can we move static objects from the sceneries?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 03:23:50 pm »
Those objects are supposed to be animated!

In any case, thank to your report, I was able to find a bug in the Addon Manager, which doesn't sent the waypoints to animated objects created using its own functions (those controlled by the "Ground traffic" setting in the Addon Manager), which must have gone unnoticed, since our later sceneries use only Couatl/Python script for such functions, but older ones like LSGG or LSZH still do.

Run the FSDT Live Update now, when the sim is not running, to get the updated Addon Manager .DLL which will fix the problem.

Disabling the "Ground traffic" option in the Addon Manager, will remove such objects entirely.

DreamSkywards

Re: Can we move static objects from the sceneries?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 12:54:17 am »
Those objects are supposed to be animated!

In any case, thank to your report, I was able to find a bug in the Addon Manager, which doesn't sent the waypoints to animated objects created using its own functions (those controlled by the "Ground traffic" setting in the Addon Manager), which must have gone unnoticed, since our later sceneries use only Couatl/Python script for such functions, but older ones like LSGG or LSZH still do.

Run the FSDT Live Update now, when the sim is not running, to get the updated Addon Manager .DLL which will fix the problem.

Disabling the "Ground traffic" option in the Addon Manager, will remove such objects entirely.

Haha, excellent ! I had no idea these were supposed to be animated. I always assumed these were static objects, positioned there for who knows what reasons.
I just ran the live update and went back on to P3D to check and to my surprise, not only they started moving, they also detect user controlled vehicles (your planes) and will stop and give way accordingly. Did not check if they did the same for ai traffic but I assume they do, would add to the immersion if they did!

I don't want to remove them any longer. I would have wanted to if they were static, unanimated objects but I love seeing some life around me, so I am happy to see these are dynamic objects that do move!

Glad I could be of indirect help too.

Edit: Typo.