Author Topic: No Buildings but have Addon Manager  (Read 6306 times)

tre1039

No Buildings but have Addon Manager
« on: May 09, 2009, 10:17:07 pm »
Hello all:

I know there are other posts on this but I am at a loss and really need some help.  I have read all other posts pertaining to this issue from the past and nothing is helping to resolve my problem with this scenery.  I had this scenery working great on my old FSX install on my Vista system.  Recently I have set up a dual boot config so that I could reload my entire flight sim setup on XP.  My XP OS is on the G: drive (a partition of the main C: drive running my original Vista installation) and FSX and addons are on the D: drive, which is a drive dedicated solely to FSX.

When I intially attempted to install JFK everything seemingly happened correctly.  The install found FSX, installed successfully, and I was asked to trust both the coutle engine and the other one, which I did.

When I first loaded a free flight at JFK, the add-on manager was available, and I could go to JFK through there and activate the software, however, no buildings -- only jetways.  I rebooted, restarted - same problem.  I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted - same problem.  Then I really tried to delete all the files pertaining to the installation (many of them do not delete when you uninstall through "add remove programs".  Reinstalled, rebooted - same problem... but now, upon new installation, it does not ask me to trust those two processes, rather, they are automatically trusted when they are added to the fsx.cfg (prior to reinstallation, I removed the entries from the fsx.cfg -- the uninstaller doesn't remove them either)

I have a seemingly successful SP2 installed on FSX and I am running Windows XP SP3.

What am I missing here?  Is there something I am not troubleshooting appropriately?  Is it possible that files are being installed to the incorrect drive as my drive configuration is not typical and the installer does not allow me to choose what drives to install to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings but have Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 12:04:11 am »
First, the fact that you don't have FSX installed in the default folder, will never confuse the installer because, it asks in the Windows registry were FSX is, and it verifies is *really* there and if it's not, it will even ask you to browse the folder, and in this case will *also* fix the registry for you. So, this is not an issue.

Also, it's not clear from your message if you are installing JFK from an installer you downloaded in the past, or it's the current version.

Because, if it's an older installer, but has online self-updates, it will automatically get the newest Addon Manager .dll, but the scenery might be old and not compatible with it.

So, you need to do any of the following:

- uninstall JFK, download the current version, and install

- download only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, that will also update all the sceneries it finds installed when it's being run

tre1039

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 12:31:33 am »
Reinstalled using the latest download from your website and I now have buildings!  Must have been some incompatibility between my old version of the add on manager and the updated scenery files it was downloading.  Thanks for your help and quick reply.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 04:19:13 am »
Hello,

I believe I have somewhat of the same issue.

Before updating KFLL to the newest version (1.2) I was able to see all KJFK and KFLL buildings without a problem.  Since i did this i have been unable to see buildings.

I did as Virtuali suggested, uninstalling KJFK.  When I did this it prompted me to uninstall Addon Manager and Coualt.  When I accepted it did not let me indicating me that it could not be located I believe.

Then i went ahead and downloaded the latest version of Addon manager and installed it and continue to be unable to see buildings.

I do want to inform you that in the Addon Drop-down Menu on the FSX top-bar there is only the Addon Manager and not the Coualt.  This might be the problem. If so how can I fix it?

Any help please?!

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:46:38 am by jasonarmstrong »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:17:49 pm »
I do want to inform you that in the Addon Drop-down Menu on the FSX top-bar there is only the Addon Manager and not the Coualt.  This might be the problem. If so how can I fix it?

Yes, that's surely a problem. Can you first try to do the following:

- Remove JFK, reply YES to BOTH questions about removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine. Don't worry if you see a message that it can't be located, it means it has been successfully removed already.

- Reinstall JFK and be sure you are using the current installer.

- When you run FSX, verify that is asking permission to run the Couatl engine, and clearly reply Yes

- Don't worry if it doesn't run on the 1st try, if it has been just trusted. Exit from FSX, and try again, eventually reboot Windows in the meantime.

If you still don't see the Coautl menu, report back.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 11:23:43 pm »
I apologize for my incompetence.

I did reinstall KJFK and trust the software but it did not work.

Re-did it after your instructions and it WORKS now.

Thanks a lot for your time