Author Topic: P3Dv4.3 GSX Fresh Install Constant Activation Requests ---SOLVED  (Read 2215 times)

ACA235

Good day,

I am up to date with the latest P3Dv4.3 with client and content.

With P3Dv4.3, I installed GSX as per normal (run as administrator) and it installs normally.  When I launch P3D, I get asked if I would like to active - I click yes. 

I have the Addon Manager showing under the "Add-ons" drop down menu.  I can everything in there I would normally expect to see - Coualt Setting - Live Update GSX and again - addon manager.

I select GSX and use CTRL+SHIFT+F12 and open the GSX menu and it tells me I am in trial mode. 

I open the Addon Manager menu and it shows me the product is activated.

I have excluded the Addon Manager folder from Windows Defender and added an exception for Coualt.exe as well.  P3D runs as administrator too.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now - run the FSDT live update a few times and I can not get this out of trial mode.

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:38:36 pm by ACA235 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv4.3 GSX Fresh Install Constant Activation Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:11 am »
It seems you have set some "Compatibility" setting either for the sim or for Couatl.exe. Sometimes, Windows can automatically sets those compatibility flags without your intervention.

Try running the FSDT Live Update now, because when it's running, if will clear those wrong compatibility settings from the sim .exe, and be sure you haven't set any compatibility setting for Couatl.exe too, perhaps trying to fix a problem we never had in the first place.

ACA235

Re: P3Dv4.3 GSX Fresh Install Constant Activation Requests
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:38:12 pm »
Hello Umberto and thank you for your reply.

Nothing was in compatibility mode but I have couatl and couatl2.exe both "run as administrator" privileges and after running the live update again, it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks you for your assistance and as always - AMAZING products.  Keep up the great work.