Author Topic: GSX installed but no fsdreamteam folder in fsx  (Read 9157 times)

kui5566

GSX installed but no fsdreamteam folder in fsx
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:32:13 am »
Hi,

i have gsx problem installed here.

first i disable anti virus

then i installed addon manager first

then i install gsx into my FSX  which is F:/MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X (by the way im using fsx gold edition)

however, the only file appear in my F drive is addon manager and one file in fsx is addon manager.

but i cant see fsdreamteam folder and gsx folder inside fsx.

can help me?

thanks,
Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installed but no fsdreamteam folder in fsx
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 08:41:27 am »
Your mistake is installing GSX *INSIDE* FSX. This is not how our installer defaults to, and it's NOT the best choice. To fix your mistake:

- Uninstall everything from FSDT. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Download the latest installer for GSX. DO NOT use an older installer, one that used to install into the sim by default.

- Reinstall GSX ONLY. Installing the Addon Manager is not required, since it comes with GSX, of course.

- If you have enough space on C:, just accept the default folder. If you don't, select F:, which will install into F:\Addon Manager.

kui5566

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:58:26 am »
Hi,

i follow the step you mention but yet i dont see gsx in my fsx

under fsx top bar i click add-ons and i manage to see SODE and ADDON MANAGER only. there is no GSX

also there is no FSDT folder in my fsx.

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 08:11:49 am »
under fsx top bar i click add-ons and i manage to see SODE and ADDON MANAGER only. there is no GSX

The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

also there is no FSDT folder in my fsx.

You don't see to understand: if you followed my instructions, which suggest to NOT install "into" FSX (now the installer let you do that), it's entirely normal you wouldn't see any "Fsdreamteam" fodler "IN" you FSX (assuming with "in", you mean "inside the FSX folder): that's precisely the point of installing OUTSIDE the sim, that you won't install any files inside of it!!