Author Topic: FSLabs A319/A320 Integration / Bus Size  (Read 7576 times)

officercrockey

FSLabs A319/A320 Integration / Bus Size
« on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:21 am »
I am not sure if this is a FSL-thing or a GSX thing. But when using the new integration, the bus size always seems little odd as it is always the little van, no matter how many passengers. The rest is actually fine, the number and the duration are correct.

https://i.imgur.com/gNBkHAU.jpg
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 12:42:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSLabs A319/A320 Integration / Bus Size
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 12:50:08 pm »
You must set the passenger number from the Option->Payload menu, otherwise the airplane will only have 6 passengers ( pilots and crew ), so GSX will correctly send a smaller bus.

officercrockey

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:19:42 am »
According to them, the official way is to enter both in the INIT B page, which I did. The whole point of the GSX-integration is to load the plane gradually. If I am typing something in the payload page it is full instantly. But they acknowledged it and will have a look. I guess you guys will work it out together.

I really like this kind of integration and I hope, other aircraft developers will follow suit!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 11:53:01 am »
According to them, the official way is to enter both in the INIT B page, which I did.

It works very good for me if I enter the passengers number. It shouldn't make any difference whether you enter the ZFW or the passenger number.

By entering ZFW, the plane will estimate from the weight ( I think it uses the same formula as GSX, weight / 220 lbs ) the number of passenger and it will communicate it to GSX, and by entering the passenger number directly, it will just communicate the number to GSX and estimate the ZFW from that (reverse formula, I guess, pax * 220 lbs )

The whole point of the GSX-integration is to load the plane gradually. If I am typing something in the payload page it is full instantly

Ok, now I understand your confusion. Yes, if you start from the Payload page, the airplane IS loaded as soon as you enter something there, because that's what the Payload page does: setting the payload. The page doesn't know you intend to use GSX and it must still work, because maybe you are not even going to call GSX so, it must work as it always did. BUT, the airplane is monitoring GSX so, as soon as you start Boarding, you'll see the Payload will go down immediately, to go up again, progressively and synched with the GSX boarding process.

I believe the idea was to have the airplane still working as it uses to be, because you might not always want to use GSX. To make it easier and more tighten up, there should ideally be some kind of setting which will allow the plane to be entirely "slaved" to GSX, meaning it will never touch its own payload until GSX is telling it do to so. I'll talk with FS Labs about this.

streichholz

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 03:32:38 pm »
Entering the PAX via the Options -> Pax menu works good, but everytime I request boarding, GSX loads a different amount of PAX into the aircraft. Example: I enter 40 / 40 / 50   , the aircraft would have 130 PAX, but after boarding is finished, I have a PAX amount of about 70 - 90.

What am I doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 06:22:39 pm »
Entering the PAX via the Options -> Pax menu works good, but everytime I request boarding, GSX loads a different amount of PAX into the aircraft. Example: I enter 40 / 40 / 50   , the aircraft would have 130 PAX, but after boarding is finished, I have a PAX amount of about 70 - 90.

Please clarify, when you say "GSX loads a different amount of PAX into the aircraft", you see a different number compared to what you requested on the GSX GREEN LINE ? Or, you are seeing a different number in the PAYLOAD page of the airplane ?

Because, the GSX green line is telling you what GSX is loading (and of course what communicates to the airplane), and the PAYLOAD is what the airplane itself loads.

streichholz

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 08:39:31 pm »
I see a different amount of PAX in the MCDU of the A319. If I load in 130 PAX, after boarding it shows  - like I said - only 70 - 90 (it differs). I don't talk about the green line.

Btw: The Cargo works fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 08:33:23 am »
Did you had multiple passenger buses, not all visible at the same time, but coming along one after each other ?

streichholz

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 09:22:35 am »
No, most of the time I stand on a Jetway gate.

Yesterday in Munich on Stand 131, I had:

134 PAX and 1306 kg of Cargo. So I entered

and 6 for Cabin Crew on the left side of the MCDU.

I requested boarding and the little van from above arrived to load the PAX (very weird issue). After boarding I looked up the MCDU and he loaded

44  }  130

and 6 Crew Member. So this time the difference was "just" 4 PAX.

Like I said, Cargo works like a charm.

If I should test something for you in a specific order, just let me know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 10:28:22 am »
I requested boarding and the little van from above arrived to load the PAX (very weird issue).

This is not normal. What the GSX green line said, when boarding ? Note that, you could log the whole process, by enabling logging in the GSX Troubleshooting section so, if you could just repeat the same procedure, with logging enabled, then send me the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, I could check this.

No, most of the time I stand on a Jetway gate.

Then you can be sure the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. I asked about multiple trips, since we know there's still a small issue left with variables for airplane developers when multiple buses are used, but it's not affecting gate with jetways.

So, if the GSX green line says something about the passenger number, that's the end of it, from the GSX point of view. The rest, is up to the airplane.

I'll contact FS Labs so they can check this.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:31:18 am by virtuali »

streichholz

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 12:26:39 pm »
Ok thanks. Please do so. I am sure, together you can figure out what's causing this strange issue. :)

Bushido

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 02:15:49 pm »
By the way I also have an issue linked with the FSL "integration"
When I use it the cargo loaded is always through bagage belt loader and never through ULDs.
Previously (before SFL "integration") the cargo was loaded through ULD which is probably more appropriate for an aircraft like the A320.
It is like GSX consider the A320 as a medium size aircraft (small vans + bagage belt loader)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 02:37:47 pm »
Previously (before SFL "integration") the cargo was loaded through ULD which is probably more appropriate for an aircraft like the A320.

Nothing has changed in GSX regarding the choice of loaders for any aircraft so, the integration with FS Labs doesn't have anything to do with this.

The choice of loaders, since GSX has been released, has always been controlled by the aircraft configuration, and the configuration we made for the FS Labs A320, which hasn't changed recently, configures two ULD loaders, using the AKH ULD type, which is the correct choice for an A320.

If you see a belt loader, it means you have changed (or download) the default configuration that comes with GSX, because any custom configuration you add, will take precedence over the internal GSX configuration. You can check where GSX is taking its data from in the airplane configuration page.

Bushido

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 07:14:43 pm »
I have not changed anything in the A320 configuartion... ???

GSX indicate the following:

Aircraft data available from this source:
- Internal GSX Database
- User customization in %APPDATA%\Virtuali Airplane

Aircraft data used by GSX
- User customization in %APPDATA%\Virtuali Airplane

How can I have the proper configuration for the A320 ?
Am I supposed to delete the file located in %APPDATA%\Virtuali Airplane ?
Is there a proper configuration to download somewhere and if so where shall I install it ?

Thanks for the support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 02:15:40 am »
I have not changed anything in the A320 configuartion...

Ok, I checked and, it's FS Labs that did that.

The default configuration that comes with GSX that we made for the FS Labs A320, has it configured to use cargo loaders using AKH ULDs on both cargo doors. The custom GSX configuration that comes with the FS Labs installers, has set them to use a BELT loader on both doors.

Since any custom configuration will always take precedence over the GSX internal configuration data, this explains why you don't see ULDs.