Author Topic: airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 0 seconds **SOLVED**  (Read 4037 times)

carribean-pilot

Hi everyone, after reformatting my hard drive, I just reinstall fsx-stream and download the full GSX from fsdt website, install and activated it. on trying my first flight i got this message on screen ( airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 0 seconds ), I try a different airport same thing. pressing Ctrl + F12 at the gates, I get this message ( [GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available ).
I came here in search of a solution, I read a similar post, and try their methods, delete of files.bin in C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\fsxse, Reinstall GSX, nothing seems to be working.
I have attached the error log file. Can someone please help, any ideas??
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:57:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 0 seconds
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 08:57:04 am »
I cannot read your log, because it seems to have a faulty encoding. You must have edited it or re-saved it because, that's surely not how our program has created it.

Try to configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

carribean-pilot

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 08:11:59 pm »
Thanks for replying, Am using only windows 10 , windows defender security, I have excluded Addon Manager from scanning. 
I am still having the same problem.
I have attached a zip file with the error log.

carribean-pilot

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 09:46:20 am »
Please someone, anyone, share some ideas here, i am not sure what else to do. please help???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:22:23 am »
Try this:

- Restart Windows

- Remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

- Reinstall GSX

carribean-pilot

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 08:27:30 pm »
hi, thanks again for your responds, i did exactly what u suggest but it didn't work, log is attached.
I am busting my brains trying to figure out why am not getting it to work, it had been working fine before i reformatted my drive.
I am not sure if this is a productive question but, did i  needed to install fsx and then install fsx-steam or it shouldn't matter which is installed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:25:30 am »
did i  needed to install fsx and then install fsx-steam or it shouldn't matter which is installed?

A mistake doing this might have possibly caused the problem.

- If you have FSX and FSX:SE, there's no need to install FSX first.

- If you HAD FSX when you originally installed FSX:SE, then you decided to remove FSX, you will have problems if you just uninstall FSX. The only PROPER way to switch from a dual FSX+FSX:SE installation, to an FSX:SE-only installation is as follows:

1) Uninstall FSX

2) Uninstall FSX:SE

3) Reinstall FSX:SE

4) RUN FSX:SE at least once, to let it set the registry keys correctly

5) Start installing add-ons

Anything else, will result in a big mess, with plenty of problems with addons. If you did something else, do this instead.

carribean-pilot

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 01:12:38 pm »
Thank you again for your help. I only have fsx-stream installed but on installing it I haven't done a flight or anything to run it in i just start installing addons, so to follow your suggestions i have uninstalled GSX, restart windows, now i will try atleast an hour long flight before i install GSX addon again.
I will let you know later if it fix the issue.
Thanks again.

carribean-pilot

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 02:43:10 am »
Well thanks again for your help, part of your suggestion works. The method that works for me is... because i installed a few addons... with out running fsx-stream, i decided to unistall everything including fsx-stream and start from scratch again.
After installing fsx-stream i run a short flight, then restart windows, then install Gsx, and it works perfect, thanks again.