Author Topic: Tow Truck Does not Move when I Select 'Prepare for Pushback'  (Read 4223 times)

kmanning

I've noticed on occasions when I select the Prepare for Pushback to push the plane back from the gate, the tow truck does not move and just sits there, and the parking brake is set to park. What do I need to do to make the tow truck push the plane back?

Ken.

jotafl

Re: Tow Truck Does not Move when I Select 'Prepare for Pushback'
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:25:36 am »

I've noticed on occasions when I select the Prepare for Pushback to push the plane back from the gate, the tow truck does not move and just sits there, and the parking brake is set to park. What do I need to do to make the tow truck push the plane back?

Ken.

Hi Ken, sometimes that does happens to me and the way I work around is I go to the menu and select GSX and disable, then go back to the menu and select GSX enable and call for push back again and that does the trick; at least for me. Hope that helps.

Jay

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:12:39 am »

Hi Ken, sometimes that does happens to me and the way I work around is I go to the menu and select GSX and disable, then go back to the menu and select GSX enable and call for push back again and that does the trick; at least for me. Hope that helps.

Jay

That may do the trick but that's a lot of trouble to have to go through just to make it work. We shouldn't have to do that in the first place. It's suppose to work without having to go through that trouble. It's seems to me there's something in the Customize This Parking Position that should fix the problem. The fact is, there's a problem here which should work. So the question is why is the tow truck not moving? Is this a bug, is it an adjustment that has to be made in the Customize This Parking Position?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:19:28 am »
There's nothing you must do to have the Pushback working. Please describe your problem more accurately:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

- The gate used

- The sequence of operation you selected in GSX.

kmanning

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 09:32:02 pm »
There's nothing you must do to have the Pushback working. Please describe your problem more accurately:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

- The gate used

Hi Umberto,

I did noticed that the tow truck did work, but only if I don't use the 'Customize this Parking Position' and reposition the Aircraft and it's Stop Position. So, it must be something I'm not doing correctly that is causing the tow truck to not move and push the plane back. I've even tried reposition the tow truck but it made no difference. Here's what I've done:

The aircraft I'm using is the PMDG 737-700NGX. The airport is the Flightbeam KMSP, Minneapolis St. Paul International, and I'm parked at gate H13. I'm not using all the sequence operations in GSX. I'm just using the 'Prepare for Pushback and Departure.' When I get ready for the pushback, I just hit Ctrl F12 to bring up the menu and select the 'Prepare for Pushback and Departure.' Select nose left/tail right and to start the engines on pushback. But the tow truck would not do anything. But this is after I've made some adjustments in the parking position and the stop position.

When I first load the flight, I would shut down the engines and make these corrections using the 'Customize this Parking Position.' The first thing I did was position the aircraft's nosewheel on the 737 marker that's painted on the ground. Then I set the Stop Position in the same spot. After I've made these adjustments, that's when the problem begins. Now, the tow truck will not move. But if I don't do anything and reposition the parking and stop position, the tow truck works just fine. So, am I doing something wrong here or leaving something out?

Ken.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:40:31 pm by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 09:37:53 am »
Does the problem happen on another airport ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 07:24:28 am »
I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce this, and nothing in the last update (which happened May 22th so, it's more than 3 weeks old) could possibly had any effect on Pushbck.

As I've said in my previous post, please include all the following details:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

- The gate used

kmanning

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 10:19:15 pm »
Does the problem happen on another airport ?

Yes, I've known it to do the same thing at another airport. Last night I did a flight from JFK to Charlotte flying the PMDG 737-800 for the P3D. Before arriving, I would enter the gate I'll be arriving at so that I won't have to do this after I'm on the ground. I taxied and pulled up to the gate using the docking system on the building. This is at gate B7. When I got ready to request the jetway, it would not do anything. I moved the aircraft forward a little and it worked then. But I stopped the aircraft exactly when it told me to stop. So, according to that, it told me to stop too soon. I wanted to test everything before making any changes using the Customize Parking. I made a slight change to the Parking Position and the Stop Position. Afterwards, I noticed there was a selection for Reset Parking Position, but I've always thought this was for setting the positions back to their default. I'm not referring to the Reset Button that's at the bottom of the Customize Parking Position page. I'm referring to the selection 'Reset Position' that's on the main menu after pressing the Shift F12. So, I clicked that to see what effect that would have and it looked like everything stayed in the same position. I click the Prepare for Pushback and Departure and the tow truck worked just fine, even after I've made changes to the parking and stopping positions. So, my question is that after I've made any changes using the Customize Parking Position, am I supposed to click Reset Parking to save these settings?

Ken.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:29:34 pm by kmanning »