Author Topic: Addon manager is not showing up in the menu bar on P3D V4  (Read 2712 times)

mohan

Addon manager is not showing up in the menu bar on P3D V4
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:39:57 pm »
I try installing addon manager and GSX, however when it says its installed, it does not show on the menu bar. I've tried reinstalling it several times, however there is no luck. Is there any way to get this working?

hari

Re: Addon manager is not showing up in the menu bar on P3D V4
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 11:24:57 pm »
Umberto ,

A little help please ......

I am using P3dv4, Windows 10

Cannot launch GSX , Does not show up under ADDONs menu (Either by ctrl+f12 or ctrl+shift+f12)

I have the same exact problem. I have during the past 3 days, several times Uninstalled and reinstalled full GSX installer with Trendmicro Virus software fully 'disabled',. I have placed the "Addon Manager folder directory in 'Exceptions file' Not to be scanned .
i have even Downloaded and installed VC ++ redist 2017 . When I launch P3dV4, the application  screen asking "Do you give permission to Virtuali Couatl engine  this time or always " NEVER came up for the 'coutal engine or the Add on manager .

How to check if couatl.exe is running? When I  go into the Add on manager directory and manually try to run  as admin  couatl.exe it says Couatl.exe not found in the directory check spelling

In my case the P3dV4 OPTIONS=> addon manager shows 'enabled' and  ADD-ONS=>Addon manager shows the full Virtuali 'Buy manage products' screen. But NO GSX.
 Best regards
 Hari

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 04:17:52 pm »
When I launch P3dV4, the application  screen asking "Do you give permission to Virtuali Couatl engine  this time or always " NEVER came up for the 'coutal engine or the Add on manager .

With "application screen" you mean the antivirus ? Since P3D doesn't have a trust screen window (like FSX), I assume it's the antivirus so, if you are seeing that question, it clearly indicates you have NOT exclude the Addon Manager folder correctly, otherwise the antivirus wouldn't have made the question.

Unless, the antivirus is so bugged, that is ignoring your exclusion settings. Wouldn't be the first time that an antivirus trusts more its own flawed heuristic than the user settings.

Re-check your exclusion and, eventually, uninstall that defective antivirus.

As I've said in my previous post, we sent a false positive report to Trend Micro, then haven't even replied to it.

hari

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 12:55:09 am »
Admin
" ... Since P3D doesn't have a trust screen window (like FSX)..." this is what i meant . I was not aware that P3dv4 does not display  a trust screen like FSX..
I have now specifically placed couatl.exe and couatl_updater, couatl_updater2.exe, tidy.exe in the exceptions list in Trendmicro antivirus software. Are there any other ".exe" or files that I need to place in the "do not scan" list?

Finally, I also have UltimateTrafiic live  installed . Are there any KNOWN issues with UTLIVe and GSX . Any patches or fixes that I need to install?

Thank you for you patience . I loved GSX when I had it in FSX and I sorely miss it in P3DV4. Please help
 best regards
hari
Hari

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 12:01:24 am »
this is what i meant . I was not aware that P3dv4 does not display  a trust screen like FSX..

It doesn't, that's why I think that message is likely coming from the antivirus, which means you haven't configured it properly. Unless, of course, is so bugged that is IGNORING your setting.

I have now specifically placed couatl.exe and couatl_updater, couatl_updater2.exe, tidy.exe in the exceptions list in Trendmicro antivirus software. Are there any other ".exe" or files that I need to place in the "do not scan" list?

I never said you have to exclude specifically those files. I said you must exclude the Addon Manager FOLDER. Please do exactly as instructed, and don't change anything.

Finally, I also have UltimateTrafiic live  installed . Are there any KNOWN issues with UTLIVe and GSX . Any patches or fixes that I need to install?

Nothing that I know of.