Author Topic: All FSDTnot working crashing P3DV4 **SOLVED**  (Read 6758 times)

rjlfry

All FSDTnot working crashing P3DV4 **SOLVED**
« on: May 31, 2018, 06:41:52 pm »
Less then a week ago every thing was OK , but since I have run the updater my airports shopped working I have not installed any new product into the sim, then today I disabled my AV then run the updater now P3DV4 will not run after I setup a flight and click ok P3DV4 quits to desktop no crash, I did find something before when my airports went AWOL, after I exited P3D Couatl was still running as if in a loop and the only way to stop it was taskmanager or turn off the PC.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/28604785238/in/dateposted-public/
I found that if you leave it running not matter how long i had to use taskmanger to turn it off.

So im now faced with having to remove all FSDT from the sim to get it working.

Ray Fry.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:30:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All FSDTnot working crashing P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:33:14 pm »
I cannot reproduce your problem, and nobody ever reported this. As explained in all threads about the antivirus, disabling it is not usually necessary but, instead, you must configure it to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

- Restart Windows.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

- Run the Live Update again.

rjlfry

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:50:46 pm »
It was excluded from AV it was only after running live update that my airport would not load, but addon manager was showing installed and active.
Ray Fry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:53:13 pm »
If the Addon Manager shows the scenery is installed and active, which I assume means you do see the scenery, than the software is running correctly, and your crash is not caused by any of our software.

It's possible that, instead, the sim crashed for *other* reasons and this CAN cause Couatl.exe not closing down because, in order to close, it must receive a specific command from the sim but, if the sim crashed, it couldn't send it.

rjlfry

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 09:57:29 pm »
No Addon manager is showing installed and active, but they are not loading in the sim.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/41577898205/in/dateposted-public/

Again Couatl was playing up after the i ran live update a few days ago before that the sim was running purfect then today i ran live update agian and the sim will not run, im looking now to see what i can do before i remove all n my FSDT , KLAX,KLAS ,KORD, KMEM,KSDF,KIAH,KDFW,CYYR,LSGG,LOWW, GSX.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:07:49 pm by rjlfry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 10:03:15 pm »
Your screenshot doesn't show anything meaningful, other than you have excluded the two Couatl_updaters executables, which is not something we ever suggested to do.

Instead, you MUST exclude the whole Addon Manager FOLDER.

rjlfry

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 10:13:06 pm »
Then I'm at a dead end will have figure this out on my own. it seam I`ve been lucky to have had it working this long.

rjlfry

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 10:42:51 pm »
I have now got P3DV4 working again but.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/42430136562/in/dateposted-public/

Addon manager is now showing installed trail mode, but this Screenshot was taken strait after loading its not even running in trail mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 10:47:19 pm »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

rjlfry

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 11:09:13 pm »
VC ++ 2015 cannot be installed over a newer version installed, that's Microsoft answer when you try to install, looking at my system installs a newer version was installed by windows 10 update 2/5/18.
So if this is the problem were Done for windows 10 and FSDT are not compatable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 11:52:43 pm »
VC ++ 2015 cannot be installed over a newer version installed, that's Microsoft answer when you try to install, looking at my system installs a newer version was installed by windows 10 update 2/5/18.

Of course, if you already have a newer version of the SAME runtime (2015), there's no need to reinstall it. If it's working but, the 2015 runtime is not the one that usually have issues, because it's used by P3D4 itself.

But, as explained in all the threads I've linked, our software require ALSO the 2013 AND the 2005 SP1 versions (in order to be compatible with 32 bit P3D and FSX too) so, one of them might be either missing or corrupted, which is why, in the linked thread, I posted links for ALL 6 versions (2005 SP1, 2013 and 2015, in both x86 and x64 versions, and yes, you must install BOTH, even on a 64 bit system) so, it's up to 6 runtimes, since I cannot possibly know WHICH one is missing corrupted on your system.

And yes, a corrupted version or a version that is missing some files, WILL still reported as "installed" and no, just reinstalling wont' "fix" problems. Which is why, I always said to UNINSTALL and *then* reinstall every version of every runtime that is required but MIGHT be gone corrupted, usually because of other software, not necessarily related to flight sim.

So if this is the problem were Done for windows 10 and FSDT are not compatable.

They obviously are, otherwise thousands of users would have reported it by now, not just a handful. Everybody at FSDT use Windows 10, and we all have the latest update.

I just got a brand new laptop this week, which of course came with Windows 10 pre-reinstalled so, I had a chance to try a fresh new system so, I only installed P3D4 AND GSX and, of course, it worked at the first try.

Updated Windows to version 1803 and, of course, no problems whatsoever.

rjlfry

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 10:06:39 am »
Update removed VC ++2005 & 2013 Downloaded from your link and re-installed, un-installed Addon-manager re-installed, in P3DV4.1 load FSDT airport Scenery not showing, check Addon manager Scenery installed and active. de-active Scenery P3D pops up this will de-active this Scenery click yes exit P3D go back in addon-manager still show installed and active.
All other airport working OK, FB, UK2000, Aerosoft, T2Gate , Flytampa , 29Palms , DD, ORBX,
 Removing FSDT now seems the only option and no AV is not a problem i have had to excluded other products in order for them to work correctly, as i did with addon manager and couatl from AV.

Regards Ray Fry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 10:45:04 am »
check Addon manager Scenery installed and active. de-active Scenery P3D pops up this will de-active this Scenery click yes exit P3D go back in addon-manager still show installed and active.

Do you have the Couatl menu when the scenery reported as "Active" ?

rjlfry

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 05:51:34 pm »
Yes in fact all my other addon airports work fine, when I fly in Europe not an FSDT airport EGLL UK2000 I check task manager Couatl is not running but after I exit P3Dv4.1, I check task manager it shows Couatl running all the time and I have end task to stop it even though P3D is not running. I notice you use a beta version of sode as well.

Regards Ray Fry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 05:12:52 pm »
I cannot reproduce the issue of Couatl.exe not closing, and nobody else has reported it recently so, it clearly must be something in your system.

But does it work in the next session if you force close it when the sim exits ? Some possible reasons why Couatl.exe cannot close are:

- Antivirus interfering. Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- The sim crashing for OTHER reasons (not related to our software), which will cause the program not getting the notification to close, which is normally sent to all applications when the sim closes *CLEANLY*