Author Topic: unable to see under the addon menu the GSX and COUALT submenus.  (Read 8216 times)

wjmt

I have been unable to get my FSDT software to function since about 1 week ago.  My system used is FSX Accel, Win 8.1, PFC and FSUIPC.  I have used in the last year, 5 airports in usa with GSX.  I had to uninstall all FSDT software to trouble shoot FSX CTD issue.  This issue solved. Was not caused by the FSDTsoftware.  After reinstalling all FSDT software, I never see the GSX or COULAT submenus under the addon manager.  I did exclude ADDON MANAGER with my antivirus.  User Account settings are OFF.  Win Defender is OFF.  Most current Live update ADDONMANGER was installed.  I cannot get the software from DT to get out off trial mode.  Note that I purchased my software via the online company PCAVIATOR.  I did not order it directly from FSDT while runningFSX. I have been checking forum posts to see what others have done.  Nothing is working. Any suggestions?  I am at the point of uninstalling all the FSDT programs and buying it again directly from FSDT,  but I am concerned that the problem may still occur.  I prefer not to pay again for the six programs I already bought.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: unable to see under the addon menu the GSX and COUALT submenus.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:12:02 pm »
- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Reinstall all your FSDT products using only the latest installer on the site. DO NOT use any other downloads, for example from other retailers, since they might be very old.

wjmt

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:35:08 pm »
I did exclude the addon folder. 
Should I uninstall all FSDT programs with MS add/remove control panel first?

Are you saying I should install all fresh programs buy using the Addon manager buy button ?

Thanks for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 11:40:47 pm »
Nowhere I said to uninstall. It's not strictly required so, first try to just download and install using only the latest installers.

And, of course, nowhere I said you must buy anything. JUST download and install.

wjmt

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 11:46:12 pm »
where do I get the latest downloaders?  I you saying I do this from the Addon menu while in FSX?

Or I these on your website?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 11:49:18 pm »
Or I these on your website?

Of course, where else ? That's the only place you are supposed to find downloads for all FSDT products. Click the "Products and Downloads" button on the site.

wjmt

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:55 pm »
Should I download with my antivirus OFF?

Should I reinstall with antivirus off?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 12:04:51 am »
Should I download with my antivirus OFF?

Should I reinstall with antivirus off?

Nowhere I said that. I only said:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

It should be enough, assuming you configure the antivirus that way. If still doesn't work, you can also try to turn off the antivirus when downloading and installing but, it's not usually required.

wjmt

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 05:30:27 am »
Umberto, sorry to be such a problem.  I still cannot see GSX or COualt in the addon manager.  This is very puzzling. reinstalling the software from your web site did not help.  Is there a way to remove all FSDT and SODE software from my PC and going at this issue like I never used FSDTbefore, and maybe download a trial version.  Then try to buy it from the addon manager?

Are the serial numbers that I received from PC aviator somehow not valid anymore?

Thank you for trying to help me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 11:02:48 am »
Your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation or serial numbers. If it had, I would said so or asked about your  order.

If you don't have the Couatl and GSX menus, the only possible explanation is your antivirus blocking the program, since you DO have the Addon Manager, and both requires the same VC++ libraries so, if one works and the other not, it's very likely the antivirus.

- Reinstall GSX again, using ONLY the current installer on our site.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you mistakenly denied Couatl from running when asked so, it's now "blacklisted" on your PC, because you said so.

To undo this, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" that will be made when uninstalling. This will clear up any previous choice of trusting/untrusting the software you might have made inadvertently.

Then, reinstall GSX, with the antivirus properly configured.

wjmt

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:15 pm »
I followed all of your steps and still no change.  This is frustrating.  Back when I originally uninstalled all Vitualli products, I also deleted the lic keys from my users\wayne\FSDT folder.  Do you think this is what caused the problem?
I checked my file _init_.pye and it shows 9.09 KB (9312) bytes.  That looks ok.
What about those VC++ libraries.  uninstall and reinstall?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 02:21:27 pm »
What about those VC++ libraries.  uninstall and reinstall

If you are SURE you did exactly as instructed, which means configuring the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and reinstalling, it's possible the issue is caused by missing/corrupted VC++ libraries on your system.

See this post here, even if it refers to P3D, the issue is the same:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

wjmt

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 04:30:46 pm »
umberto,  I did as instructed with the VC++ uninstall and reinstall from MS site.
I did reboot Windows.  Test FSX and I still have the problem ,  cannot see GSX or Coualt.

any other thought?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 06:03:32 pm »
Then I'm sorry, but either you did something wrong while uninstalling/reinstalling, or it can only be a problem of the antivirus. Are you SURE you uninstalled/reinstalled ALL 3 different versions of the VC++ libraries, which are:

2005 SP1

both the x64 and x86 versions so, it will be 6 installers in total.

wjmt

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 06:58:53 pm »
YES im a SURE I unistalled all 6 versions and installed 6 versions.  I did notice when in my add/remove programs list, that there are other versions of VC++ 2008 2010and2012.   Do you see a problem leaving them in my system?

I am at the point were I am willing to try unistalling all Virtuali software and SODE.  Then going to your website and install maybe just GSX, then start FSX and see if I can buy the software again directly from the addon manager which is supposed to activate it immediately.

What do you think?