Author Topic: I wish I could customize my destination airports gate *before* landing  (Read 1912 times)

airbadger

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems like there's no way to customize a parking spot at your destination while you're in cruise. I feel like this ability would greatly improve GSX. I just did a flight and all of the settings for the gate were wrong, so as I'm trying to clean up the airplane after landing, navigate the taxi ways, I'm now having to pause and go into GSX to change the gate settings, restart Couatl, THEN finally un-pause. I wish I could open the customization menu in cruise, search for my destination airport, and make the changes I need to make while there's downtime.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Sorry, not possible. When you are away from an airport, the terrain is loaded with a lower resolution than the one you are flying over, so this would screw up the editor trying to place vehicles on ground for editing.

airbadger

Sorry, not possible. When you are away from an airport, the terrain is loaded with a lower resolution than the one you are flying over, so this would screw up the editor trying to place vehicles on ground for editing.

That's not the part I'm interested in being able to use from a distance, though. I'd just like to be able to change the stuff in the menu like disable passenger stairs, choose the type of cargo handler, select the destination gate, etc. Thanks for taking the time to respond even if it's not possible to implement.

downscc

I set up the parking before the session.  I open a session just for parking if required, but I also keep the scenario for each parking setup I have done so I don't have to repeat it at the same airport.  For example,  my AAL B77W always parks at D24 at KDFW and the B738 is at A10 and I have those two saved as scenarios and the parking is customized.  If I'm inbound to KDFW in an AAL B738 I'll always park at A10.  After a few months, you start building up a good library of custom parking and of course I keep track of that in a handy text file I keep on my desktop.