Author Topic: Installation Addon Manager and GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 3435 times)

Markito

Installation Addon Manager and GSX **SOLVED**
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:02:56 pm »
Dear all,

I downloaded the latest installers (Addon Manager and GSX). When installing GSX there are errors I get throughout the whole installation process regarding corrupted sound files for vehicles. I reinstalled GSX due to the fact that GSX did not show the normal initial menu (to prepare for push back, boarding, refuelling, etc.) but a menu for parking facilities.

Even when I reinstall with an older installer the corrupted sound files do not appear but the initial menu without push back option still occurs. Help is appreciated...

Kind regards,
Marco
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:36:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation Addon Manager and GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:30:31 pm »
You must have got a bad download, possibly because the antivirus tried to "heal" it from a non-existent thread.

- Clear the browser cache.

- Turn off the antivirus

- Download again.

Markito

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:11 am »
Dear Umberto,

It worked. I was able to download and reinstall GSX with antivirus software turned off.

Now the initial problem is still there: instead of initially having the "activate ground services" menu popped up (aircraft engines not running and parking brake on) a window to "select parking facility" appears. I have gone through the manual and there is nothing mentioned regarding this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance for further help.

Kindly,
Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:40:20 am »
Now the initial problem is still there: instead of initially having the "activate ground services" menu popped up (aircraft engines not running and parking brake on) a window to "select parking facility" appears.

But this doesn't have anything to do with the installation and, in fact, it shows GSX is working.

When the gate positions don't match, it's usually a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner utility to search for duplicates AFCAD:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Or check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page.

Markito

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:24:15 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Yes, indeed, GSX is working. I downloaded SAS from the link you provided but SAS does not recognise my P3D4 simulator - the only sim I use btw...

Which AFCDs in which folder(s) would I have to delete and/or deactivate for GSX to work normally again?

Thanks for your patience and support.

Kind regards,
Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 06:43:49 pm »
Which AFCDs in which folder(s) would I have to delete and/or deactivate for GSX to work normally again?

That was the job of the Simple Airport Scanner utility to find out. Without it, you must search for them in what 3rd party products you installed, and find something which might have a suspicious name (containing KLAX, for example).

It might be easier to find it, by disabling all scenery areas with addon files, until the double tower goes away.

Markito

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 08:16:20 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I was able to download a beta version of SAS which recognises P3Dv4. After the scanning process, and simply to mention an example, I disabled the LPPR file in the Traffic Global folder (AI Traffic Addon) - see attachment.

In P3D when pressing Ctrl-F12 now another error message pops up saying that the above mentioned file is required. Obviously, GSX needs the AFCAD from AI Traffic...  :-\ So, what else can be done regarding this issue?

Thanks again for everything.

Kindly,
Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 09:20:00 pm »
In P3D when pressing Ctrl-F12 now another error message pops up saying that the above mentioned file is required.

"Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl setting menu. It's required after you remove a file.

Markito

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 10:31:15 pm »
That was it! Thanks a lot for your help, Umberto! It is working now...  :)
Best regards,
Marco