Author Topic: problem raised by engine or unspecified addon {'Airport': 'YGLA', 'User Pos': (-  (Read 8809 times)

Rockbuster

Hi This comes up now instead of GSX ,,,,,,,,,, It doresnt matter what airport just this and no GSX

One day it all worked then nothing ,I uninstalled and d/l latest as well as manager and....yup ...you guessed it.....NO GSX

Rockbuster

Well...............howdy no takers huh....care factor zero.....

Today tried again .............Big red dot came up again ,you know the one with the X in it ....yeah well it encouraged me to download which I did previously to get latest ADD-on Manager...well I did again....AAAAANNNDDD

Yup you guessed it ...NADA

I wouldnt care so much if I didnt like GSX ...BUT I LOVE It ....and did what has been suggested no go nothing .....yes scince update.....hmmmmmmm.

Now im looking at the basic pushback and baggage tractor and ...lil cute loading ramp .......and thinking.....WOW IT WORKS !!!!!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Sorry, but your message is not very unclear, and you could save yourself for you snarky "care factor zero" comment, just because you haven't been replied "immediately".

Please clarify: it's working or not now ?

Rockbuster

no...not working

Rockbuster

im using the basic fsx vehicles at the moment

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The error is likely caused by you (or another addon), having reset the FSX.CFG, so now its missing the Simobjectpath lines for GSX objects we add with the installer. Running the GSX installer should fix it.

Rockbuster

Thanks....but I have run the latest installer several times with and without anti virus switched on as well as followed your instructions as well. no go

Why are you so quick to say its me and not even provide a solution even for the cfg to help so how did I mess up the cfg didnt go near it ...it is about help isnt it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Why are you so quick to say its me

Again, please stop with this attitude. I said it's you or another addon, that would be the only way the FSX.CFG could be reset.

and not even provide a solution even for the cfg

I obviously provided with a solution, which was to reinstall GSX to restore the missing lines. This normally work. Now that you said it didn't work *on your system*, we might go to the next step, which might be your FSX.CFG being corrupted (again, either by you OR by another addon), so the GSX installer couldn't modify it.

Which version of FSX you use ?

Eisbahn

Thanks....but I have run the latest installer several times with and without anti virus switched on as well as followed your instructions as well. no go

Why are you so quick to say its me and not even provide a solution even for the cfg to help so how did I mess up the cfg didnt go near it ...it is about help isnt it?

You should change your arrogant attitude pronto before asking for help on this forum. The support here is absolutely first class.

Rockbuster

Hey Eisbahn ......your not helping .....Im using FSX -Steam ,have traced back my add-ons nothing that GSX had a problem with in the past so not sure whats going on.

I dont want to do a reinstall of FSX Steam if I can help it. BTW there is no attitude here you are misunderstanding me. I might have a copy of a cfg somewhere perhaps I can use it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please stop bickering: it's not helping anyone.

@Rockbuster, nobody told you to reinstall FSX, I only said that, if you reinstalled GSX and still got that error, it's *possible* your FSX.CFG might have been corrupted by something else.

But if you remove it, FSX will create a brand new one with all default settings. After resetting it, you MUST reinstall GSX (NOT FSX!), so the installer will finally be able to add the proper lines to it.

Rockbuster

ok will try what you are saying and get back to you....many thanks

I do miss GSX  and am grateful for your help

Rockbuster

Weeeeell

Not working.......I deleted The cfg and it created a new one then reinstalled latest GSx then addon manager then stand alone and updated......NOGO

UNINSTALLING GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder

- Reinstall GSX

Rockbuster

ok thanks will do