Author Topic: Aerosoft PANC: Can't get AFCAD visibility to work  (Read 1948 times)

airbadger

Aerosoft PANC: Can't get AFCAD visibility to work
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:59:02 pm »
I have Aerosoft's PANC professional and I need to exclude the Lake Hood Strip AFCAD so that GSX only finds the one for PANC. I've tried a few different lines in the CouatlAddons file as per the GSX manual, but I can't get it to work. Right now I'm trying airport_visibility_panc = 4 under the [gsx] section. I've also tried it with Lake Hood's ICAO and that doesn't work either. GSX still uses Lake Hood. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft PANC: Can't get AFCAD visibility to work
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »
airport_visibility_panc = 4

When a small airport is interfering with a larger one, because it's too close, you don't increase the visibility of the large airport, like you did with this line but, instead, you decrease or set to 0, the visibility for the smaller one, this way:

airport_visibility_Z41 = 0

Note that, in order to work you MUST have a recent GSX update (from at least January 2018), because there was a bug in the original version which didn't recognize numbers in the icao code for the excluded airport but, it has been fixed in the January 2018 update.

airbadger

Re: Aerosoft PANC: Can't get AFCAD visibility to work
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 08:09:12 pm »
That seems to have worked, thanks!