Author Topic: My KLAS shots. Love the scenery!!!  (Read 51060 times)

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: My KLAS shots. Love the scenery!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2009, 09:45:33 am »
If you have FSX there is a good free Vegas strip here   http://fs-x.world.coocan.jp/index.htm   for free.

Edit: There is also a FS9 version as well on that site if you click on the FS2004 link.

Actually, if you look at the first screenshots of this thread, you will see that that is exactly the addon I am using. Sadly, it is not up to date and not payware quality. But it's the best available for the time being.

Thanks though!! ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 02:29:09 pm »
I am sorry, and I have been to Italy, but since when is Florence a part if Venice? Or is Florence included in that scenery package. Sorry if I am missing something... BTW I will buy that Venice when I start using FSX sometime off in the future...

No, they are two separate products, Venice has been developed by Andras Kozma, Florence is a separate product, was developed by us, and it's sold here:

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd20!0,4678089690,D12345

JamesChams

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 03:21:33 pm »
Mr. newmanix,

My mistake... :P   I have both Florence X and Venice X and I meant Florence X (and updated the original post).  ::)
But both are really good products; however, FSDT's Florence X was IMO at a much higher level (especially at the time it was released).  :)

My only request, Virtuali, is if you are ever inclined to do any improvements to it, Could you update the roof textures to something more High Res?

Thank you.
Ciao!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:36:00 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JFKpilot

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 07:49:56 pm »
There's an easy way to convince us that adding things like city scenery to the product makes business sense:

There's a very nice scenery for Florence that we did for Aerosoft that is currently available. It features a very interesting approach, which is both challenging and nice to look at, being so close to the city, which is one of the most important touristic destination in Italy, and has been fully modeled in 3d.

If you like this kind of products, by all means go to Aerosoft and buy that scenery...we'll surely notice that.

Sorry to hijack this thread. But I have a few things to mention regarding airport + city scenery. 
Let's be honest with ourselves, Florence is very nice but will never sell as well as JFK or other major US airports. You've told us before that poor sales of Florence is what restricts you from making such sceneries. But I think the lack of awareness the scenery even exists is a major issue. It's not (to my knowledge) acknowledged anyware on the Cloud9 site, and it's only listed on the European store for Aerosoft and not the American one. Case in point:

Ok, I am willing to put my money where my mouth is Virtuali. I went over to Aerosoft shop and didn't find the scenery anywhere. There is the Pisa scenery at Cloud9 but can't find the Florence. Also, is it for FS9??

Florence is an impressive scenery, with great framerates thanks to the Addon Manager. Which gets me thinking: if you were to do, say, Flytampa's Kai Tak, in C++ and not the standard bgl format, how much better fps could we get? Would doing extended coverage beyond the airport actually enhance fps over default? 

Airport + city scenery takes time and money. 14 months isn't viable for FSDT. Some couldn't care less about the city part. Some of us do. Perhaps trying one airport + city scenery of a famous US location, publishing it under the Fsdt name, and seeing its sales would be more indicative of opinions regarding this type of scenery.   
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:51:58 am by JFKpilot »
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2009, 09:13:03 pm »
Ok let's see... Well there are some very good points raised here and I would like to add my opinion.

JFKpilot, you are not hijacking the thread. In fact, I think the thread is quite moving in a constructive direction.

Virtuali,

Here are the issues (in my opinion) with the Florence scenery.

1. I had never heard of the Florence scenery until you just mentioned it in this thread. I never saw it on the front page of Aerosoft nor have I ever seen it on Simmarket.

2. Aerosoft has an idiosyncratic tendency to only update the European front page and shop products without updating the other regional shops such as the USA shop. Which is also an issue that I think is hurting your Florence product as a large population NOT in Europe and thus does not enter Euro shop on Aerosoft's website.

3. Your product needs to be posted in all Aerosoft shops as it seems, Aerosoft is the only site to purchase the product. I would also request Aerosoft to put the Florence product back on the front page for a week or so to boost it's sales. This is sad, very sad that I never heard of the product and I have been checking these sites often for the last 3 years...

4. I would like to consider that (yes, here we go) you backport the Florence scenery to FS9 and modify the scenery for Oliver's AES. I find that I have purchased the ENTIRE Overland airports packages and numerous payware sceneries because of AES. If it only takes a couple of weeks to do this backport process, then I think it is very well worth it Virtuali. And this opens this scenery to the FS9 demographic.

5. I very much agree with Mr. Chams (yes, I spelled it right this time ;) ) the roof textures of those buildings need to be updated!! This could be corrected during the backport process.

6. If you backport the Florence scenery, I will buy, not one, not two, but three Florence sceneries. We can do a screenshot contest raising awareness of the scenery and two winners can get the activation codes I purchased. The third would be for me of course.

7. Florence, although beautiful, shouldn't sway you from doing a Vegas scenery. Look at the sales of Aerosoft Manhattan and FlyTampa KaiTak. Your Vegas scenery, I am quite sure, would match or exceed the those sales. And FlyTampa did a kickass job on the KaiTak, I still can't believe how good that scenery is. I think the Vegas Strip for FSDT is a great opportunity to extend your produce line.

I know it's a risk, and it will take a lot of time!! But again, look at the sales of those other products and honestly tell me you can't match those sales, just tell me. Because, you, I, and everyone else here knows you can. :)

$00.02
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:59:33 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 12:39:58 am »
1. I had never heard of the Florence scenery until you just mentioned it in this thread. I never saw it on the front page of Aerosoft nor have I ever seen it on Simmarket.

You would never see that on Simmarket because, even if it's published by Aerosoft, it's uses our own Addon Manager so, there's no need to use Simmarket to sell it, because it's sold through Esellerate.

Which is also an issue that I think is hurting your Florence product as a large population NOT in Europe and thus does not enter Euro shop on Aerosoft's website.

Yes and no. At this point in time, our best seller scenery is NOT an European one. Yes, many would probably assume our best selling scenery it's JFK, by large. Instead, it's not. It's Zurich. So, the European market it's perfectly able to sustain a successfull product, alone.

Your product needs to be posted in all Aerosoft shops as it seems, Aerosoft is the only site to purchase the product. I would also request Aerosoft to put the Florence product back on the front page for a week or so to boost it's sales. This is sad, very sad that I never heard of the product and I have been checking these sites often for the last 3 years...

I think Aerosoft is just publishing too many things, without giving the same attention to each one. I guess that this is the reason FSDT now exists as an independent entry, because we can surely care and promote our own stuff much better.

If it only takes a couple of weeks to do this backport process, then I think it is very well worth it Virtuali. And this opens this scenery to the FS9 demographic.

It takes only two weeks if the scenery was designed from the start to be backported, otherwise it would take longer than that. That's another reason why there would be no FS9 version of our KMCO, because that's another scenery that was made 100% with FSX only in mind.

And, in any case, even if we had an FS9 version, it might double its sales AT BEST, but it would still *very* far behind all other products we developed so far, but Florence hasn't taken *that* much less to be done compared to, let's say, Zurich. In that case, the city was the bigger effort.

5. I very much agree with Mr. Chams (yes, I spelled it right this time ;) ) the roof textures of those buildings need to be updated!! This could be corrected during the backport process.

The design objective of the city modeling was to give the pilot a realistic view during the approach, and if you look at screenshots from a normal flying distance, I think they show this goal has been reached. One is not suppsed to go that close, it's a different kind of scenery compared to, let's say, Aerosoft Manhattan or Venice. Even if Florence has a short runway it's still an airport for liners, small liners of course, like ATR, BaE 146, Saab 340, A318, but liners, to be flown in a certain way...

And, Florence has an exceptionally good frame rate, which ( as JFKpilot *very* cleverly noted ), shows how much better our methods can be, when we do normally-sized airports, instead of the ultra complex mega-hubs that, unfortunately, is what most of the people BUY...

6. If you backport the Florence scenery, I will buy, not one, not two, but three Florence sceneries. We can do a screenshot contest raising awareness of the scenery and two winners can get the activation codes I purchased. The third would be for me of course.

Well, thank you very much for your support, that scenery probably deserved more attention than it got...

Look at the sales of Aerosoft Manhattan and FlyTampa KaiTak.

I don't know the Aerosoft sales but, I can easily tell you that, if we had to take 14 months to do a scenery, like FlyTampa said it took to do Kai Tak, the *next* one would probably freeware, because we would have bankrupt in the meantime, and start looking for other jobs perhaps making sceneries as an hobby. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not what we are interested in, right now

I know it's a risk, and it will take a lot of time!! But again, look at the sales of those other products and honestly tell me you can't match those sales, just tell me. Because, you, I, and everyone else here knows you can.

I'm sorry to say that but, we are involved in something much bigger than any scenery right now, and are very busy with that so, I don't think we'll find a way to make another experiment with city scenery. Note that, Florence wasn't our first city scenery, we did Rome for Cloud9, and sold as bad as Florence, and we did the city of Amsterdam that was included with Cloud9 EHAM and, although EHAM sold *very* well, no complains about that, the only effect the city had on the product, that we had to spend time on Cloud9 forum to tell users how to get RID of it!

Let's just say that, so far, we haven't been very lucky with city sceneries...

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 08:59:15 am »
Hmm... Well indeed you guys havn't had the best of luck with city sceneries. BTW, I really like the AMS city scenery that came with Schiphol. And FT does take 4 EVER to produce their products and I assume that is because it is only a hobby for them. In fact, I do DARE say that FSDT takes scenery addons more seriously than anyone else. You guys do very well with communicating with the customer base and updating us on upcoming products and there is a lot of consistancy here. Well all I can say is, you guys don't just make FS addons, you guys create ART. Very beautiful art. Thanks for all you do and keep up the good work. And please if you can, get the Florence scenery AES ready for FSX as 2.0 which will be avaliable soon and I want that airport when I upgrade to FSX. (I only buy AES compatable airports)

And thanks for keeping us FS9'ners in mind! Means a lot! ;D

Caio!

Here is some more FSDT art while I wait for AES!

My Eaglesoft private jet!

BTW, James, what is the difference between the Raytheon Beechjet 400A and the Hawker 400XP they seem the same!!

max767

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 09:38:40 pm »
Hey.....if I'm not mistaking one of the companies bought out the other.....and yes they are technically the same.

JamesChams

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 09:34:10 pm »
... BTW, James, what is the difference between the Raytheon Beechjet 400A and the Hawker 400XP they seem the same!!
Mr. newmanix,
If you are refering to the Eaglesoft version(s); I couldn't tell you if the VC or other features are the same or not.  I don't own it yet; but I might just purchase it along with their Citation X v2.0 (I have version 1.0 but it was a port-over and a little disappointing in both look and function).  But, if its the real aircraft (Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP), then they look very similar in apperance and it would take an expert to notice the differences.  Namely, externally the Beechjet has a slightly large fuselage and so an extra row of windows.  The avionics package and other equipment are in some ways the same and in others (fuel loads, carrying capacities, etc.) are quite different.  But, I assume you really are refering to the FS versions; so, if I purchase it, I'll let you know.  ;)

Right now, I'm too busy enjoying my Flight1's Citation Mustang and FSDT's LSGG & KLAS.  ;D

BTW: if you decide to purchase FSDT's/Aerosoft Florence X or FSDT's/Cloud9 Xcity Rome, you won't be disappointed.  My only complaint/issue is the crappy roof textures which one can live with for a while.  Also, Aerosoft is coming out with a whole line of US City sceneries which are really awesome.  Maybe you can convince them to do Las Vegas, that is if Virtuali doesn't reconsider and decide to do it.  But, we all know he can be a "tough nut to crack"  :D when it comes to getting him to do something that is NOT financially worthwhile.  In fact, I think I have to give him a $1,000 donation to the "Clone Kappa Foundation" to get him to make me my FSDT F-14 Tomcat; And I will too if it would work.  :D ;D   But, I will say this in his defense, he's planning an FSDT product with a voice marshaller and ParkMe updated features (like AES 2.0).  So, maybe we'll see that done too for KLAS soon.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:53:34 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer

JamesChams

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 11:11:21 pm »
Mr. simbio "a.k.a. - Kappa's first successful clone",

Could you do something about those roof textures where you live?  I mean they look blurry from where I live  :D

Here are some samples I found on the internet: Here

Ciao!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:27:52 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

max767

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2009, 06:37:12 am »
WOW!!!!!! THATS THE BEST GIFT TO GIVE.......THAT EDIT REALLY BOUGHT BACK GOOD MEMORIES.

SIR WOULD YOU CARE FOR LOBSTER? PERHAPS CHATEAU PICPOUL DE PINET?  ;D

max767

This one's for you bro!
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:43 am »
Hope you like it bro.

EK 777-300ER

[attachment deleted by admin]

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: This one's for you bro!
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2009, 09:31:39 am »
Hope you like it bro.

EK 777-300ER

And on behalf of myself and Emirates, NICE SHOT!!!! Setting that to my wallpaper on my office computer!

And if I remember correctly, you are flying for Delta now right??? BTW, Hinda was in LA last week hangin out. Check my Facebook page for her photos!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:33:43 am by newmanix »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2009, 10:43:15 am »
... BTW, James, what is the difference between the Raytheon Beechjet 400A and the Hawker 400XP they seem the same!!
Mr. newmanix,
If you are refering to the Eaglesoft version(s); I couldn't tell you if the VC or other features are the same or not.  I don't own it yet; but I might just purchase it along with their Citation X v2.0 (I have version 1.0 but it was a port-over and a little disappointing in both look and function).  But, if its the real aircraft (Beechjet 400A/Hawker 400XP), then they look very similar in apperance and it would take an expert to notice the differences.  Namely, externally the Beechjet has a slightly large fuselage and so an extra row of windows.  The avionics package and other equipment are in some ways the same and in others (fuel loads, carrying capacities, etc.) are quite different.  But, I assume you really are refering to the FS versions; so, if I purchase it, I'll let you know.  ;)

Right now, I'm too busy enjoying my Flight1's Citation Mustang and FSDT's LSGG & KLAS.  ;D

BTW: if you decide to purchase FSDT's/Aerosoft Florence X or FSDT's/Cloud9 Xcity Rome, you won't be disappointed.  My only complaint/issue is the crappy roof textures which one can live with for a while.  Also, Aerosoft is coming out with a whole line of US City sceneries which are really awesome.  Maybe you can convince them to do Las Vegas, that is if Virtuali doesn't reconsider and decide to do it.  But, we all know he can be a "tough nut to crack"  :D when it comes to getting him to do something that is NOT financially worthwhile.  In fact, I think I have to give him a $1,000 donation to the "Clone Kappa Foundation" to get him to make me my FSDT F-14 Tomcat; And I will too if it would work.  :D ;D   But, I will say this in his defense, he's planning an FSDT product with a voice marshaller and ParkMe updated features (like AES 2.0).  So, maybe we'll see that done too for KLAS soon.

As far as the Eaglesoft, I don't find any difference at all. But it is a very nice model!! There is a whole topic about a Vegas scenery over at Aerosoft started before we knew FSDT was doing an airport scenery. Mathijs didn't bite. Maybe he will change his mind!!

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20164&st=0

Hope to get a FSX ready system this year. As I am missing out on a lot of really cool stuff!!