Author Topic: Strange problem with the staicases **SOLVED**  (Read 5970 times)

Freccia

Strange problem with the staicases **SOLVED**
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:41:20 am »
Hi, I think I have a problem with the staicases.

This is parking 210 of Milan Malpensa (Aerosoft) and for some reason I do not understand GSX does not make the stairs appear.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2819634.jpg

If I look at the editor the "Jetway (s)" option is (correctly) set to "No jetway", but GSX does not let me see the staircases.

http://i65.tinypic.com/334j39c.jpg

I also tried to open the cabin doors, but nothing happens.

The .ini file of this car park also seems to be set correctly.

http://i65.tinypic.com/35bxava.jpg

Why then I don't see the stairs?

Of course, even if I select the "Request boarding" option, nothing happens, no stairs.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2v8if07.jpg

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:56:57 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange problem with the staicases
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:49:23 am »
Is that airplane you are using correctly configured with GSX ?

Freccia

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:10:45 am »
Is that airplane you are using correctly configured with GSX ?

I do not know, I use Maddog X.

The strange thing is that in the demo version I could see the staircase that it was positioned in front of the cabin door (Milano Linate airport). Then I bought the product but I no longer see the stairs.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:13:19 am by Freccia »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:17:25 am »
I do not know, I use Maddog X.

The default configuration that comes with GSX for the Maddog, which is used if the airplane folder is called MADDOG2006, MADDOG2008 or MADDOG2010, has the stairs for the front DISABLED, because the airplane came with its own staircase on the front door.

Is this new version using the same folder names or, possibly, does it come pre-configured by the developer with a similar configuration.

Of course, the GSX airplane configuration WILL tell you from where the GSX is taking the airplane configuration data from.

Freccia

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:25:55 am »
I understand, but then why in the demo version GSX the stair for passengers was positioned correctly (Milan Linate airport with Maddog X)?

It is not nice to see the bus arrive and then read that the crew go up on board without any ladder.

How can I solve the problem? Excuse me but I'm not an expert.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:29:08 am by Freccia »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:28:24 am »
I understand, but then why in the demo version GSX the stair for passengers was positioned correctly (Milan Linate airport with Maddog X)?

It's not possible the demo would work any differently. Have you restarted Couatl after applying your changes to the airport ?

Freccia

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 10:33:10 am »
Please believe me. I only use Maddog X and the stairs worked with the demo version.

I also tried to use the Linate airport (default of Prepar3D), but it does not work there either.  I have not modified any airport.

Is there a way to make stairs work with Maddog X in parking lots without jetway?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 10:41:15 am »
Please believe me. I only use Maddog X and the stairs worked with the demo version.

Again, sorry, but this is not possible.

Could be your tested with a VERY LIGHT airplane, which result in being higher on ground, so it matched the height of one of the stairs, but now you are more heavy, so you are below the lowest height we have a staircase for ?

That's the only possible explanation. It's NOT possible that buying the product would cause this.

I also tried to use the Linate airport (default of Prepar3D), but it does not work there either.  I have not modified any airport.

Which seems to indicate the problem is the aircraft configuration, as I guessed.

Is there a way to make stairs work with Maddog X in parking lots without jetway?

Properly configure the airplane, as I've said. Setting all doors to the correct height, for example.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:43:01 am by virtuali »

Freccia

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 11:08:38 am »

Properly configure the airplane, as I've said. Setting all doors to the correct height, for example.

Ok, I should have done a screenshot then.

In any case I can configure the airplane manually, but I would like to ask a question.

If to see the GSX stairs in action I must necessarily customize the airplane, because then the vehicles to load the luggage, instead, work perfttamente and the ramp is perfectly aligned to the cargo doors?

It seems to me nonsense, do not you think?  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 11:13:31 am »
Ok, I should have done a screenshot then.

Changing from Demo to Purchased CANNOT change this, regardless how many screenshots you made.

As I've said, a difference in the airplane weight (and thus its height), might possibly cause a reject of a staircase, because you were lower than the lowest staircase we have so, if your height was different during the Demo, you are mislead into thinking the Demo worked "differently", when it surely doesn't.

If to see the GSX stairs in action I must necessarily customize the airplane, because then the vehicles to load the luggage, instead, work perfttamente and the ramp is perfectly aligned to the cargo doors?

You say you are missing the front stairs, so they are affected by the front door. Baggage loaders are affected by the cargo doors instead so, fact they work, would only indicate the cargo doors are correctly configured, which doesn't exclude the front door might not.

As I've said, the GSX airplane configuration WILL tell you from where the GSX is taking the airplane configuration data from.

Freccia

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37:40 am »
Ok, let's change airport: Catania Fontanarossa.

These are my settings. Do you think they're okay?

http://i65.tinypic.com/xcvm7p.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/1zmfdw7.jpg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:41:19 am by virtuali »

Freccia

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 11:41:20 am »
Yup! It seems like everything is ok now

http://i65.tinypic.com/f04snd.jpg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:41:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 11:42:13 am »
Yup! It seems like everything is ok now

Of course it is. As I've said, the only possible reason for this, was the airplane configuration.

Freccia

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 11:49:14 am »
But you will admit that the matter is strange. Luggage vehicles ok, catering vehicle ok (the service door is at the same height as the cabin door) but the stairs did not work.

Milano Malpensa

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ilbjo7.jpg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:52:33 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 11:56:50 am »
But you will admit that the matter is strange. Luggage vehicles ok, catering vehicle ok (the service door is at the same height as the cabin door) but the stairs did not work.

Why "strange" ? I already explained it here:

You say you are missing the front stairs, so they are affected by the front door. Baggage loaders are affected by the cargo doors instead so, fact they work, would only indicate the cargo doors are correctly configured, which doesn't exclude the front door might not.

So, it seems in your case, the only door missing was the front one.

Also, as I've said, GSX already has an internal configuration for the Maddog, which will be active if the airplane folder is named MADDOG2006, MADDOG2008 or MADDOG2010 so, either the new version ( which I haven't seen ) use the same names, so you started with the default GSX configuration for the Maddog (which DOES disable the front stairs, since the airplane used to come with its own), or the plane already comes pre-configured with a GSX.CFG file that was made that way.

Again, the GSX airplane configuration WILL tell you from where the GSX is taking the airplane configuration data from so, if you checked it BEFORE you starting to configure it yourself (now, it obviously saying is using YOUR own configuration), you would have known from which kind of data you were starting with.