Author Topic: GSX SODE Issue  (Read 4001 times)

Shaun

GSX SODE Issue
« on: March 30, 2018, 11:24:05 am »
GSX users are reporting issues with SODE Jetways on one of my airports...

Trying to use the jetway using the GSX interface gives:
""SODE connection error!""

And trying to de-board the aircraft with the jetway extended using the SODE interface results in the jetway reverting back to the static position.

I have checked my SODE files: I can't see any errors. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Kind regards,

Shaun,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX SODE Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 12:43:07 pm »
You don't say which airport you used, so I assume you are using a 3rd party scenery with SODE jetways, rather than an FSDT scenery with SODE jetways. And, it seems from your message, this is the only airport causing this problem.

Are the jetways working from the SODE menu instead ?

Shaun

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 01:19:51 am »
Hi,

It's my (SXAD) KPNS airport. The jetways work fine without GSX. I have checked with Jeffrey from SODE and he couldn't see anything wrong on the SODE side, but as nobody else has had this issue I'll assume it's my end. Wish I could work out what it might be  ???

kityatyi

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 02:17:37 pm »
Same issue, started to happen a week or so ago, involving many SODE equipped airports such as Flightbeam KMSP, Taxi2Gate EDDM, Turbulent KGPI - just to name a few. Newest SODE installed. Run FSDT LiveUpdate.

Everything was fine until I parked the aircraft, called the jetway, couple to the door nicely but as soon as I call for GSX to initiate de-boarding, I get a SODE Connection Lost message and the jetways disappear. P3DV4.2 here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:37 am »
Are those 3rd party airports all being updated to support the latest SODE ? There were some changes in it, and they were related to the naming conventions used by the scenery, which wasn't correct. Some developers have posted updates to their sceneries to fix issues with SODE.

We'll check it with Jeffrey if he might have some clue.

kityatyi

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 07:36:10 pm »
I am not too sure if the developers of the products where this issue exists have release any updates but it's true that not every SODE airports develop the above mentioned "Connection Lost" situation. For example, Drzewiecki's KLGA was fine both on departure and on arrival. However, Flightbeam's KMSP seems to suffer from the lost connection and disappearing jetway syndrome. Just landed there (KMSP), managed to connect the jetway without issues but as soon as I called for GSX, I got the error message and shortly after the SODE jetways disappeared completely. Weird, however, that it does not happen upon departure, not even at this airport (KMSP). Only when I call for deboarding (in fact, after arrival - not sure if it matters though).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 10:03:19 pm »
For example, Drzewiecki's KLGA was fine both on departure and on arrival.

They are in fact one of the developers that HAVE updated their sceneries to better conform to the SDK and work with SODE 1.6.2

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13139&sid=cccad8508382d85d228909401cbde7a8#p13139

kityatyi

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »
Another observation here. If I operate the jetway via the GSX pop up menu, then everything seems to be fine. My practice was to operate the jetways via the SODE menu, completely separate from GSX and then deal with GSX. Using GSX's "Operate the jetways" menu option seems to be the way to go, no issues, no disappearing jetways, all seems to be OK. Will keep testing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 01:16:14 pm »
Using GSX's "Operate the jetways" menu option seems to be the way to go, no issues, no disappearing jetways, all seems to be OK. Will keep testing.

It's usually best to use the GSX menu in any case, because if you do, GSX will send the door configuration for your airplane to SODE, so you won't have to be sure the same airplane (which, likely, you already configured for GSX) it's also configured in SODE.