Author Topic: Texture Issues? No Tow-Bar and Clear Tugs!  (Read 2306 times)

ericbolt

Texture Issues? No Tow-Bar and Clear Tugs!
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:19:36 pm »
Help! I think I am having a texture issue. I tried using the updater and also reinstalling GSX and I am still having these issues with FSX.

I have no towbar on the pushback tug - http://prntscr.com/ix5lkh
and I also have a clear tug - http://prntscr.com/ix6h00

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Texture Issues? No Tow-Bar and Clear Tugs!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:52:34 pm »
It's normal that reinstalling GSX wouldn't change anything, because when just some parts of objects are missing, the problem is not the installation (missing textures would appear black), but a problem in your video settings and/or you FSX.CFG, usually some tweak you shouldn't have applied.

You might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG to default, you must reinstall GSX, because the installer will have to add the paths to the GSX Simobjects folder, or else it won't work.

ericbolt

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 05:02:55 am »
It's normal that reinstalling GSX wouldn't change anything, because when just some parts of objects are missing, the problem is not the installation (missing textures would appear black), but a problem in your video settings and/or you FSX.CFG, usually some tweak you shouldn't have applied.

You might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG to default, you must reinstall GSX, because the installer will have to add the paths to the GSX Simobjects folder, or else it won't work.

Thanks! Will I also need to reinstall other addons like Orbx Global, REX Worldwide, Orbx lights, etc?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 12:05:47 pm »
Thanks! Will I also need to reinstall other addons like Orbx Global, REX Worldwide, Orbx lights, etc?

If they made changes to the FSX.CFG when installing, which would result in the addon not working without those changes applied, then yes, you must reinstall them. The most common change required is, like GSX, the addition of their SimobjectsPath lines, which is common for AI Traffic products, for example.