Author Topic: After FSDT Live Up no terminal buildings show and coautal Python27.dll error  (Read 2961 times)

Snofts

I hope you can help as this thing is a real pain.
I was trying to update KLAS to the 25R so I used the FSDT Live Update on my desktop and now I have no Coautal, how ever you spell it, and no terminal buildings at any of the airports or at least KLAX and KLAS.
See Error message below
I am missing Couatial 27.dll and no Couatial program anymore in FSX .
What did Live Update do???????
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:23:28 am by Snofts »

Snofts

Umberto can anyone help.
I thought you could download the Couatle file from the site but I must be missing something and I did use the updater you guys provided that got me into this mess.
Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's not possible the Python27.dll would be missing after the Live Udpate, since it's one of the files that belongs to the Addon Manager so, it will be downloaded by the Live Update if it was missing for some reason.

Of course, I tried it now: I removed the file Python27.dll manually, and then I ran the FSDT Live Update and, sure enough, it downloaded it again, because it found it missing.

The only possible reason of the program missing, it's the interference of a bugged antivirus program, which might have removed it mistakenly assuming it might be dangerous (it obviously isn't, it's the Python runtime...), so first it removed it, and then it blocked the Live Update that was correctly trying to restore it.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Run the Live Update again.

Snofts

Well I don't have any Antivirus running so I am not sure what happened but I flew a flight into KIAH everything worked fine so it actually was possible and did happen.
I was thinking of buying Louisville and then I went to the forum and realized that KLAS had the wrong runway so I used the live update like was mentioned and then I got the error and non of the airport building should up any more and Couatal, how ever you spell that darn thing, was gone.
Its fixed I just re-downloaded KIAH and it reinstalled the missing file obviously.
Thanks I am back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Its fixed I just re-downloaded KIAH and it reinstalled the missing file obviously.

The Live Update would have done the same, which I just verified before replying to you, by manually removing the Python27.dll file from the folder and starting the Live Update again.

Other than antivirus interference possible reason for the Live Update not being able to replace the missing file, is that you might had a permission problem on that folder, and our full installers also restore the correct permissions, something the Live Update doesn't, because it shouldn't be necessary, under normal conditions.