Author Topic: SERIAL NUMBER  (Read 7120 times)

krw86

SERIAL NUMBER
« on: February 05, 2018, 06:34:12 am »
Hey there, been trying to install my serial number, i enter the number and the GSX stays in TRIAL MODE, Have down loaded invoice and used the number given.  :(
Need help guys.......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:44:33 am »
Be sure you don't run the sim, or any other addon that starts with it, in Compatibility mode, like XP mode under Windows 7 or 7/8 mode under Windows 10.

This is not how the sim defaults to, and it must be changed back to default, with no Compatiblilty modes enabled.

krw86

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 01:14:55 am »
Its not working. its steam fsx and its still not changing.

Albert63

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 04:47:33 pm »
same problem, GSX in Trial mode and does not activate. The compatibility checkbox of P3Dv4 is disabled like that of all other programs.
I can not use GSX even if purchased, is there a solution?
Thank you
Alberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:44 pm »
Are you sure GSX is working in Trial mode, which means it works normally, at the Trial airports ? If yes, it means the software is running correctly, so it's not possible the activation dialog wouldn't came out, unless there's an issue with Compatibility mode, either set to the sim itself, or by another addon that starts with it or that starts the sim.

Be sure you don't start the sim from another addon, or you don't have another addon that is stealing the focus, so it's forcing itself in the foreground. Start the sim only from its icon, and go into Windowed mode, just for the activation.

Albert63

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 01:48:31 pm »
the problem is that in the add-ons menu of P3Dv4 nothing gsx appears even though it has been installed. 2 weeks the window 10 update was made to the ver. 1709 and after this I noticed the problem. I have not found compatibility problems on any program. I have to find a solution! Thank you
Alberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 11:10:48 pm »
the problem is that in the add-ons menu of P3Dv4 nothing gsx appears

Please be more precise. With "nothing" you really mean "nothing", or just the GSX menu ? You are supposed to have the Addon Manager menu, the Couatl menu and the GSX menu. Do you have some of them, or just nothing ?

krw86

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 02:39:29 pm »
i have einstalled fsx se and still not changing mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 06:54:29 pm »
i have einstalled fsx se and still not changing mode

I don't understand you, please clarify what do you mean with "not changing mode"

krw86

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 01:26:04 am »
i go to add-ons,open manager, get virtuali manger addon manager 4.0.0.8. highlight gsx  click on register serial add buy cut and paste number, the page box said product in trial mode, i go to liml (linate) i press shift Ctrl F12. get not a thing    :( :( :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 10:57:21 am »
i go to add-ons,open manager, get virtuali manger addon manager 4.0.0.8. highlight gsx  click on register serial add buy cut and paste number, the page box said product in trial mode, i go to liml (linate) i press shift Ctrl F12. get not a thing

Since LIML is one of the Trial airports, your problem doesn't have anything to do with Activation, since even in Trial, LIML would always work. So, your problem is not related to the activation: it's jus the software is NOT RUNNING.

Do you have the GSX and the Couatl menu under the "Addons" menu ?

krw86

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 12:56:19 pm »
in fsx-se is a addon manger file

krw86

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 02:36:40 am »
sorry No the drop down Add-ons has only Addon Manager

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 10:03:43 pm »
sorry No the drop down Add-ons has only Addon Manager

See this post here about missing menu items:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17476.msg122724.html#msg122724

krw86

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 03:32:43 am »
no help there, lets start from the start, OK i go to u Webb site, download file,gsx_fsx_setup, run setup, get setup wizard,information popup box, next, select destination location popup box, c:\program files (x86)\addon manager, next,select additional tasks, popup box, box fsx:steam edition in stand-alone mode, next,starts installing,configuring support software in fsx popup,get new popup box setup error 2 running c:\program files (x86)addon manager\tidy.exe which means the system cannot find the file specified OK. click OK,get fire wall alert, click OK, go though to install updates,click finish to exit install, Finish.

OK what i get