Author Topic: Parking option only  (Read 2811 times)

youngie63

Parking option only
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:46:52 am »
Hi Guys

For the 3rd time in as many days, when positioning for a flight out of YMML (PMDG QOTS II), GSX gives me parking only and not the departure options as expected. At this stage it is only occurring at YMML. The only thing I can think of is that during an approach into YMML the other day P3Dv4 stopped working which ultimately resulted in the fltsim shutting down.

Any ideas why this would be occurring and how I can reset GSX to parked options?

Thanks in advance

Steve Young
Canberra  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:50:25 am by youngie63 »

bobsk8

Re: Parking option only
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:44:56 pm »
Hi Guys

For the 3rd time in as many days, when positioning for a flight out of YMML (PMDG QOTS II), GSX gives me parking only and not the departure options as expected. At this stage it is only occurring at YMML. The only thing I can think of is that during an approach into YMML the other day P3Dv4 stopped working which ultimately resulted in the fltsim shutting down.

Any ideas why this would be occurring and how I can reset GSX to parked options?

Thanks in advance

Steve Young
Canberra  

Probably something with the Afcad at that airport.. If you go into the GSX customize airport menu, you will most likely see that where you are parked doesn't show up in the list of parking spots. So the program thinks you are somewhere on the airport like a taxiway or runway, and shows you parking options only . Try another parking spot, to spawn the aircraft on that airport, and you will find one that works. I had the same problem at Calgary with the FTX Regions scenery for the Rockies. Certain spots will not work at that airport.

youngie63

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:07:39 am »
Thanks Bob, much appreciated. For the record, am using ORBX YMML so what you say makes perfect sense

Cheers

bobsk8

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »
Thanks Bob, much appreciated. For the record, am using ORBX YMML so what you say makes perfect sense

Cheers

Just select another parking spot on that airport to launch.