Author Topic: GSX pushback function issue when using Sky Force 3D?  (Read 7536 times)

Pit

GSX pushback function issue when using Sky Force 3D?
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:35 am »
Hello,

I was wondering why the GSX pushback function doesn´t take place ( after hitting prepare for pushback  point 5). on GSX menu ) when using Sky Force 3D. It doesn´t matter if using a default airport or a 3d part airport. Even doesn´t matter which aircraft is used.
After boarding procedures are succesfull completed, I hit the GSX menu point 5). preparing for pushback function. GSX answers correctly displaying departures procedures are requested: then waiting for the pushback machine to start the procedure... but nothing happens.... the truck is present, but not moving at all.

Tried with a new start of couatl, no difference, pushback action will not start after request of pushback via GSX menu.

Obviously I did a try without Sky Force 3D running, everything works as usual then, no issues with pushback. I can´t say if REX Softare or Virtuali software should look after that issue ( I tend to think is probabily a REX problem), so I contacted also REX Software via Forum to ask for a solution.

This is only to report the issue, and  in the case someone else with the same configuration ( FSX-SE+Sky Force 3D+GSX ) is reading this: I would like to know if I am the only one getting above mentioned issue.... thanks in advance.

Regards, Pit.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:38:44 am by Pit »

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Re: GSX pushback function issue when using Sky Force 3D?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:49:07 pm »
Hi

I have the same problem, using Prepar3D v4.1. I did not test to disable Sky Force, just noticed, the push back never begins and could not explain, what happened. I just used the internal pushback function (shft-p). But this was only a temporary solution. Though, I bought Rex Skyforce yesterday I did not conclude, this was the problem. I hope, there's a solution soon.

Dan
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:56:00 pm by blaunarwal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:13:21 pm »
We contacted REX simulation and we'll check this.

Pit

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:18:58 pm »
@blaunerwal

Hi,

thanks for the report Dan, good to know that I am not alone with the issue ( even if you are using P3D V4, not FSX ). I can consider the issue as not depending on my installation now.  ;)

Pit.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:38:26 pm by Pit »

Pit

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 03:29:30 pm »
Hello Umberto,

thanks for the quick answer and the help contacting Rex in order to solve the problem I described!!

Just a note at the end, I am getting more and more satisfied with GSX, it is simply great to have such an Add-On that really simulate the ground service procedures on a real airport ( ok, almost all of the procedures...). I did not regret the buy!! :)

Regards, Pit.

Pit

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 10:43:01 pm »
Hello,

didn´t hear anything more about the push back issue I reported, may I ask if someone contacted REX-Simulations for a check of the issue? In the REX-Forum  are more useres that are reporting the same issue as I described, furthermore I was also asked by a Rex-Admin to check if someone of Virtuali already wrote a note to Rex-Simulations. Would appreciate to know the status regarding a fix of this issue, thanks.

Regards, Pit.

New facts:
Just tried SF3D running with its weather engine OFF ( after a hint of a REX forum member ) and GSX push back works as usual nowl!! So it seems to be a problem when SF3D injects the weather datas. Hope the problem can now be solved knowing WHEN/HOW the issue is caused.

Regards, Pit.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:10:20 pm by Pit »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 11:10:30 pm »
may I ask if someone contacted REX-Simulations for a check of the issue?

There's no need to ask, since I already said this in my previous post:

We contacted REX simulation and we'll check this.

However, at this time, they still haven't replied. I used what looked to be the most logical email address for these matters, the one listed on their website on the "Partners" page.

Pit

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 12:04:31 am »
Hello!

Thanks for the answer, I understand.

I will report Rex-Simulations that you didn´t receive any answer, may be they will decide to contact you directly then.

Thanks as always for the support and help, Pit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:09:56 am by Pit »

Pit

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 08:55:36 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I was contacted from REX-Simulations support today (Member name TIMEST999) and he informed me that:

Quote on_
" We have not heard from Umberto or their team in regards to this issue. I know he stated they contacted us, however we never received correspondence. I have personally emailed Umberto and awaiting reply. "
Quote off_

I am kindly asking if you can attempt once again to get in contact with Rex-Solutions to try to solve the pushback issue. :)

Regards, Pit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 11:03:26 am »
Yes, I finally got an email from them, so I'll re-send my original email again.

Pit

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 03:42:06 pm »
Thanks Umberto!  :)

Phillip Smit

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 03:32:43 pm »
Hi All,

I have been using Sky Force 3D and GSX Level 2 for sometime without issues. Recently though I updated both Sky Force 3D and GSX to their latest versions. After doing this, I now find that:

* When using GSX at any airport with any aircraft everything works as is.
* When using GSX and Sky Force 3D with any aircraft at any airport, ground services work fine except for push back. Open panel (ctrl+F12) select request push back and departure, nothing happens. Tow truck just sits there. Take breaks off, message pops up set breaks. But no push.
* When deactivating Sky Force 3D and reloading flight, push back works fine.

There is a conflict between Sky Force 3D and GSX push back. I reached out to REX and below is some of reply.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you provide the steps you use to perform the pushback? Also, have you reached out to the developers of GSX? REX Sky Force only injects weather and reads data from the simulator. The developers of GSX may have mapped something that overlaps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a work around which is complete the ground services and push back, then load Sky Force 3D.

I have looked around, and this thread is rather old. But based on the fact that everything was working until updates, something is conflicting. I have also completed reinstalls of both products and rerun updates to no avail.

Is there anything else I can do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 11:52:50 am »
Are you aware you are replying to a post from 3 years ago ? If there was still a problem between this product from REX and GSX, nobody ever reported it in the past 3 years.

However, you don't say anything about the simulator you use but, if you use P3D 5.1, could be you are seeing an entirely different issue, that is the Simconnect menu getting stuck when two application use it ?

Phillip Smit

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 08:57:58 am »
But there was also no resolution posted in this thread. Thus as a customer the perception is that the issue was never dealt with, or a fix never made public. So yes I am aware that this is an old thread and instead of rehashing a new one as I figure it is something unique and not often seen, continued on this thread.

I use FSX Delux with Acceleration.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 12:33:26 pm »
I'm guessing that if it's something that needed to be fixed on REX's end, that would obviously be out of Umberto's control, and if that's the case, that's probably why there was no resolution posted here. I don't see anything in the live update notes to indicate that anything needed to be fixed within GSX to deal with this.
Captain Kevin