Author Topic: GSX wish  (Read 4101 times)

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
GSX wish
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
Dear Developer
Today another update but not the changes I hoped. I appreciate the cargo door on the left aircraft side, which was introduced some time ago. Now, that we have this feature, it seems impossible to have a stair on the front door adjacent to the left cargo door, if the aircraft is specified as cargo. When not cargo, there's no problem, but the wrong bus: a big passenger bus for the crew of 3.

If I choose cargo, the crew has to leave the aircraft thru the rear door. How should they come there? While cargo containers are moved forward through the upper deck, no one can walk there I guess.
The configuration with the main cargo door on the left, close to the front passenger exits, is already long time in real world use. I saw pictures with special ladders, leading to the front instead to the left. Maybe a solution.

The prefered exit function is not changing the behaviour of GSX putting a stair in the rear, when I use the specification cargo plane at the same time.

Another point are the cargo doors on the right. They are too small for containers, but if its a cargo plane, the don't transport suitcases there, but smaller cargo pallets or packages. Is it possible to change that one time? If I select belt, I always get suitcases.

Kind regards

Daniel
https://i.imgur.com/cdDJ4If.jpg

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:54:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX wish
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:59:19 pm »
It seems impossible to have a stair on the front door adjacent to the left cargo door, if the aircraft is specified as cargo.

It's surely possible to have a stair on the front door adjacent to the left cargo door, and there's no difference whatsoever if the plane is cargo or not. The only difference would be the staircase model: the passenger model will appear on passenger aircraft only.

When not cargo, there's no problem, but the wrong bus: a big passenger bus for the crew of 3.

That's precisely what it's supposed to happen if the plane is flagged as not cargo. But again, the staircase will appear on both cases.

If I choose cargo, the crew has to leave the aircraft thru the rear door.

Surely not, since there will be a front staircase.

The configuration with the main cargo door on the left, close to the front passenger exits, is already long time in real world use

I don't understand this sentence, please clarify.

The prefered exit function is not changing the behaviour of GSX putting a stair in the rear, when I use the specification cargo plane at the same time.

Which is exactly how is now.

Another point are the cargo doors on the right. They are too small for containers, but if its a cargo plane, the don't transport suitcases there, but smaller cargo pallets or packages. Is it possible to change that one time? If I select belt, I always get suitcases

Not possible, unless we'll add a new kind of vehicle with different packages.

blaunarwal

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 04:22:34 pm »
There's a difference. If not cargo, I get the front stair, with cargo not. The stairway does not appear in both cases. Otherwise I wouldn't complain. You got the point, but you have to believe me.

If I select the front left passenger exit as prefered does not make a ladder appear at the front door if a cargo loader is next to it. I only get a ladder at the rear. It has no influence, for a cargo plane, what door i mark as prefered exit.

Regards

Daniel
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:02:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:12:10 pm »
If I select the front left passenger exit as prefered does not make a ladder appear at the front door if a cargo loader is next to it. I only get a ladder at the rear. It has no influence, for a cargo plane, what door i mark as prefered exit.

Doesn't happen here. Just tried to configure the default 747 as a cargo plane, with a fake cargo door on the left (which must be the "Cargo Main" one in GSX ), and all 3 ladders show up normally, see the screenshot. The preferred exit is the the front left passenger.

blaunarwal

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 06:57:42 pm »
So what's the difference, apart from the aircraft?  ???

It works with the BB A330-200F

https://i.imgur.com/IhBhbvdh.jpg

I compared both gsx.ini and the result is, I had to heighten the front passenger door from 3.35 to 3.4 in order to allow the ladder. Is 3.4 ft the exact limit?

https://i.imgur.com/I8VXDNFh.jpg

Regards

Daniel

P.S. another wish: Is it possible to rotate the support vehicles faster in the customize airport position program? A shift key combination maybe, for faster moving, rotating.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:56:31 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 09:59:25 am »
I compared both gsx.ini and the result is, I had to heighten the front passenger door from 3.35 to 3.4 in order to allow the ladder. Is 3.4 ft the exact limit?

Yes, there's a door's height limit too for the cargo ladder staircase, which goes from 3.478 to 5.434 meters.

P.S. another wish: Is it possible to rotate the support vehicles faster in the customize airport position program? A shift key combination maybe, for faster moving, rotating.

Of course there is. Page 35 of the GSX manual, the list of editor keys. F7/F8 is assigned to "rotate object fast"

blaunarwal

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 04:33:02 pm »

Yes, there's a door's height limit too for the cargo ladder staircase, which goes from 3.478 to 5.434 meters.

Are you serious? I have the door at 3.4 and it works.

Of course there is. Page 35 of the GSX manual, the list of editor keys. F7/F8 is assigned to "rotate object fast"

That's the page I never reach reading manuals.  ;D

Thanks for the hint. I will check the manual for editor keys. So far I only needed it for cargo dimensions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:45 am »
Are you serious? I have the door at 3.4 and it works.

Of course I am "serious"...

That's the limit GSX has, and it's not really open to discussion (it's on the object SIM.CFG file...) but, the issue is, the *ACTUAL* height on ground of ANY hardpoint it's not always the same, but it changes depending on the airplane weight so, in your particular case, it worked, because the actual height on ground at that time was at least 3.487 meters.