Author Topic: Remote deicing  (Read 8263 times)

Diuhh

Remote deicing
« on: December 19, 2017, 10:27:05 am »
Hello guys

Many airports have remote deicing pads. It would be very easy for GSX to support this. Only thing would be to allow deicing with engines running. Give it a thought

Cheers,
Diuhh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remote deicing
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 12:18:40 pm »
The issue is not how easy would be for GSX to support it, but that they would have to be customized for each airport, since GSX cannot find automatically where they are, since (opposite to a parking), there's no such thing as a remote deicing area in the AFCAD.

AirbusA330

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:46:47 pm »
Remote deicing (and "European"-Type Deicing vehicles) would be so great. It's requested nearly every winter. If it's so difficult, maybe it would be a first step to include the possibility for users to manually define deicing areas. Via the GSX config or, maybe easier, via the Afcad. E.g. installing a gate where the deicing pad should be in the Afcad, and select to use this gate as a deicing are only in the GSX config.
Those users who need it can use it, those who don't have the interest or knowledge to do it can use GSX as it is.

I tried to build de-icing pads that way myself. But I've to turn the engines off again, and  of course all other vehicles appear too.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:49:07 pm by AirbusA330 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »
If it's so difficult, maybe it would be a first step to include the possibility for users to manually define deicing areas. Via the GSX config

It won't be the first step. It would be the only way to do it, as I already explained in my previous reply.

or, maybe easier, via the Afcad. E.g. installing a gate where the deicing pad should be in the Afcad, and select to use this gate as a deicing are only in the GSX config.

If you mean adding a fake parking to be flagged as deicing, then no, it's very cumbersome, it would require editing the AFCAD which might be updated by the scenery developer (losing all the changes), and it's not right having an isolated parking just to point out some coordinates.

It should be something ideally linked to the scenery customization page, but it should be set anywhere in the airport, with a position and size and, it would be a bit of an exception of how the editor works right now, because it would be unrelated to an actual parking.

We'll eventually have it, but it's just we are working on much bigger things right now.

Diuhh

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
Thanks for your appreciated feedback.

I do not see it so strict. Many users know how to handle an AFX. This could easily be a community task. More and more other scenery devs will take it up and soon it is standard to add a remote icing area in the AFX the way GSX wants it :)

Lotus3xiG3

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 02:21:54 pm »
What about this: The user simply stops his aircraft at the position he would like to use for deicing and sets the parking brake. Then he activates the GSX de-icing and the trucks spawn at predefined positions relative to the aircraft. By doing so, you wouldn't have to mess around with AFCADs and stuff...

AirbusA330

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 10:34:19 pm »
That would be a good idea. At least it would be a first approach until something better is programmed. This request turns up every winter for years now. Would be really cool to get any solution for this, soon. (Same as European-Type Deicing trucks, like Vestergaard Elephant Beta or Safeaero 220)

dreampilot

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 09:54:33 am »
What about this: The user simply stops his aircraft at the position he would like to use for deicing and sets the parking brake. Then he activates the GSX de-icing and the trucks spawn at predefined positions relative to the aircraft. By doing so, you wouldn't have to mess around with AFCADs and stuff...

Would be nice to know if this is possible.

GSX knows the aircraft type, right? Then it should be possible to spawn the de-icing equipment close enough to the aircraft to prevent possible conflicts with the scenery. Just let it pop up and do its thing. Much nicer than no remote de-icing at all.

De-icing gets more and more important in our sims and is no longer just a visual gimmick. FSLabs A320 series and Leonardo MD-82 need to get their treatment with holdover times in mind. There is no way you make it to the runway within the holdover time if you de-ice at the gate.

Please Umberto, give it another thought.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 10:26:33 pm »
Use the same logic as the follow me car. He finds me no matter where I stop.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

a2h

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 10:25:48 am »
I agree to the TO that this would be a nice feature but thinking twice about it brings one down to core changes that have to be implemented not by fsdt/gsx but the addon designers or even LM (in order to define such a standard).

Since such thing need time and most probably won't be top on the list (if they even get on such a list) maybe there is a workaround everyone could live with.

How about an additional feature like "allow GSX to be activated even though engines are running" and if you press ctrl + F12 you will only get the deicing selection for where you currently are. This would not require a dedicated deicing area because you just decide yourself where that is.
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks

torsten

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 12:03:13 pm »
you always think sooo complicated.
Open the AFCAD, take the coordinates of a Taxiway Node and set it's coordinates up in the GSX Setup as a Deicing stand.
The direction can easy be taken from the aircraft itself, like during the Felow me.

Emi

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 11:37:28 am »
On top of what was suggested already it might be an actual "first step" to enable deicing at the runway holding point. Not always 100% realistic but on many airports closer to the actual deicing area than the gate.
The holding point is available in the AFCAD and we can already get a follow me to get there so it should be an easy definition to do deicing there.
Best regards,
Emanuel

Rikypara

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 03:34:13 pm »
you always think sooo complicated.
Open the AFCAD, take the coordinates of a Taxiway Node and set it's coordinates up in the GSX Setup as a Deicing stand.
The direction can easy be taken from the aircraft itself, like during the Felow me.

Hi Torsten!
Can I ask how you do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFavors

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 02:28:57 pm »
When dealing with payware scenaries with remote deicing pads, you don't need gsx. Just pull up in the spot and they work. We've been asking for this for years, They're not going to do it! If no payware installed, just fake it till you make it.
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 05:00:53 am »
When dealing with payware scenaries with remote deicing pads, you don't need gsx. Just pull up in the spot and they work.
Which ones do this?
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.