Author Topic: GSX Airline Identification with FSL A320 P3DV4  (Read 4129 times)

AirbusA330

GSX Airline Identification with FSL A320 P3DV4
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »
Hello,

The automatic livery installation process in the FSL A320 P3DV4-Version doesn't include the atc_parking_codes= entry in the aircraft.cfg livery section.
Also it isn't possible to make this entry manually - during the next load it will be deleted.
Is there any possibility to tell GSX which Logo and Tag should appear on the ULDs with the FSL A320 in P3D V4?
If it's not possibly - maybe you could enable GSX to read the new airline_iata_code= entry by FSL when no atc_parking_codes= entry can be found.

best regards,
Mathias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Airline Identification with FSL A320 P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 12:04:38 am »
Is there any possibility to tell GSX which Logo and Tag should appear on the ULDs with the FSL A320 in P3D V4?

That would be very cumbersome, because the GSX airplane configuration is related to a single airplane folder with multiple liveries sharing the same configuration, and rightly so, otherwise you would have to configure each and every single livery variation for GSX, which wouldn't make any sense, since different liveries of the same airplane model surely share *everything* that matters to GSX, like the doors position or the engine positions.

Wouldn't be easier to ask FS Labs to just include the atc_parking_codes in their liveries ? It's part of the SDK standard after all and it's there precisely to have a sure way to identify different airline of the same airplane model.

This airline_iata_code is not standard and GSX respect the SDK, so it uses ICAO airline codes for the operators which are airline, same as the sim so, even if GSX read that one, it still won't work, unless we added some kind of conversion from IATA to ICAO.

Way easier, cleaner, and 100% standard SDK, if the aircraft.cfg contained the atc_parking_codes, in their proper format, which is ICAO.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:42:54 am by virtuali »

AirbusA330

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:41:26 am »
Ok thank you I understand that. I hope FSL will allow to include the 'correct' entry in their liveries.

wsmeier

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 05:14:38 pm »
Ok thank you I understand that. I hope FSL will allow to include the 'correct' entry in their liveries.
I believe I read on the FSL forum that they've added this in the next update. I could be mistaken, though.

woozie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 03:15:38 pm »
No need to wait for an update, it can be done already:

There is a .config folder somewhere in the FSLABS folder in Documents\P3Dv4 Addons (not in front of my sim PC so i cant tell you the exact location). You will find and aircraft.cfg file in there for each engine variant. Simply add the line atc_parking_codes=FSL to this aircraft.cfg file (Its important to edit the file within .config, NOT the aircraft.cfg that you would usually add the atc_parking_codes line)

Then open the fltsim.cfg file of your livery (its in the livery texture folder) and add the respective airline code (i.e. atc_parking_codes=DLH for Lufthansa)

Start P3Dv4 and the line will be automatically added to the respective livery section of the aircraft.cfg file.

wsmeier

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 07:30:47 pm »
No need to wait for an update, it can be done already:

There is a .config folder somewhere in the FSLABS folder in Documents\P3Dv4 Addons (not in front of my sim PC so i cant tell you the exact location). You will find and aircraft.cfg file in there for each engine variant. Simply add the line atc_parking_codes=FSL to this aircraft.cfg file (Its important to edit the file within .config, NOT the aircraft.cfg that you would usually add the atc_parking_codes line)

Then open the fltsim.cfg file of your livery (its in the livery texture folder) and add the respective airline code (i.e. atc_parking_codes=DLH for Lufthansa)

Start P3Dv4 and the line will be automatically added to the respective livery section of the aircraft.cfg file.

Yes, that would be the way to do it, but last time I checked, if you add this line to the fltsim.cfg, it's ignored and does not get added to the aircraft.cfg. This is what I believe has been fixed for the next update.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:32:52 pm by wsmeier »

woozie

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:47:23 pm »
If you add the line to the cfg file in the .CONFIG folder it will be added if theres an entry in fltsim.cfg and stays there permanently. I've done it for countless A320 liveries and it works like a charm.