Author Topic: Can't get TNT (TAY) ground handling.  (Read 3713 times)

cptbambi

Can't get TNT (TAY) ground handling.
« on: November 23, 2017, 11:54:45 pm »
HI.

I have the Uk2000 East midlands airport and it comes with GSX parking already set, however when I want to use my TNT pmdg777 in a tnt bay i just keep getting Menzies services instead, looking in the Airport parking options TNT is listed as one of the handlers but still won't show.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:18:09 pm by cptbambi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't get TNT ground handking.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:23:41 am »
As explained on the GSX manual, Page 23

The airport handler is related to the ICAO code of the airport and the atc_parking_codes of the parking spot and it interacts with the ICAO specifications in the sim.cfg file of the vehicle itself.

The atc_parking_code of your plane (assuming it has one, many don't), doesn't have any effect in the choice of the operator. And rightfully so because, it wouldn't be very realistic to have your own home crew following your everywhere in the world, which would be the case if GSX looked at the airline code of the *airplane*

Of course, using the customize airport position option, you can override the operator at every parking spot.

cptbambi

Re: Can't get TNT ground handling.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:05:57 pm »
I still don't understand whats going wrong, I've read the manual but can't find anything that helps, I have already used the customize airport position and I assume you mean the Airline codes box to override the operator? well It's already set as TNT yet I keep getting Menzies instead, no option menu to select operator comes up either and just spawns Menzies services.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:22:21 pm by cptbambi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 02:20:42 am »
well It's already set as TNT yet I keep getting Menzies instead, no option menu to select operator comes up either and just spawns Menzies services.

TNT doesn't exists in GSX. We'll try to add it as soon as possible. Note that, the code that will be used it's TAY, not TNT. And, TNT has sold its airline operation to ASL airlines, after they were bought by FedEx so, even if the code is still TAY, the livery will be the one from ASL Airlines.

cptbambi

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:26:52 pm »
Oh I thought TNT was, o well that clears that up  :D, I'll re set it as TAY and see what happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:02:43 am »
I'll re set it as TAY and see what happens.

Nothing, until we'll add the ASL repaint to the set of GSX vehicles. As I've said, it's not included in the current version, neither as TNT or as ASL.

cptbambi

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 12:26:30 pm »
Oh my mistake, I'll take a look at the livery editor and see if i can make one.

cptbambi

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 05:49:35 pm »
Did the update today and noticed you added TAY to the ground services, however I still cant get it to show TAY services.

Here is a pic of the Airport positions settings, as you can see I've got FDX,UPS,DHL and TAY, all the others will work perfectly fine except for TAY, I've checked in the vehicles folder to confirm I'm using the right code but still wont work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:18:53 am »
Did the update today and noticed you added TAY to the ground services, however I still cant get it to show TAY services.

Update again, because the airline wasn't flagged as Cargo in our internal database, but now it is.

cptbambi

Re: Can't get TNT (TAY) ground handling.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 12:11:25 pm »
Excellent, thanks.  ;D