Author Topic: Selection for rear backage loader no working  (Read 2230 times)

Cfoley

Selection for rear backage loader no working
« on: November 21, 2017, 12:34:38 am »
Hi,  When I load a PMDG 7478-400, I prefer using the cargo loader instead of the conveyor belt.  When I load GSX, the rear comes up with the conveyor belt.  I know I can select which option I can use, but when I go to the menu where I can change it to cargo loader,  it comes up as seen in the image. Looks like a mess.  I cannot select the option I want.  The selections seems to be blocked, like there is not enough room.  If I attempted to select anything from the menu, it comes up as "None" as seen in the image.  As you can see when I bring up the menu,  It gives me the selection, but when I hit the down arrow key, it looks like the 2nd image.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:36:24 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Selection for rear backage loader no working
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:58:09 am »
When I load a PMDG 7478-400, I prefer using the cargo loader instead of the conveyor belt.

It shouldn't. All the configuration we made for all the PMDG 747, are all configured to use a cargo loader. None of them use a belt loader so, if you seeing one, it means you tried to change the configuration we made for the plane, so yours is taking over.

OR, you changed the configuration for the parking, as your screenshot seems to indicate.

I know I can select which option I can use

Changing the cargo loader type in the parking configuration is not the correct way to do it, if you want to change the airplane configuration everywhere. To do that, you must change the Airplane configuration instead, which is not required, since all the configurations for the PMDG 747 we made, use a Cargo loader.

The reason for having a loader type even in the parking customization, is to fix those *RARE* cases, where the parking is so small, that a cargo loader couldn't maneuver there, so you override an airplane settings to change the loader type or even disable it. But it's likely those parking spots would be too small for a 747 to use anyway.

Maybe, you have now made a lot of configurations already, which is why you see all Belt loaders.

but when I go to the menu where I can change it to cargo loader,  it comes up as seen in the image. Looks like a mess.  

I cannot reproduce the problem and nobody ever reported it. Your screenshot seems strange, as if you used an old version of Windows, or a classic Window theme, perhaps this is the reason. Also, try to use the editor in Windowed mode, not Full screen.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 01:15:57 am »
The screen shot is not full screen.  I use Windows 7 and used the Windows snipping tool.  I guess I should have copied the whole screen.  I focused only the problem spot.   I have not made any changes that I am aware of.  When I open FSX, I pick the airport and terminal gate number, then load it up.  For some reason, it is only happening at the UK2000 London Heathrow airport.  It happens with my Level D 767 also with the PMDG 747-400.   I just tried another airport and both loaders came up.  It appears that UK2000 London Heathrow is the problem area because loaders always came up at other airports.  

Attached is a full screen shot.

CFoley
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:25:26 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:37:42 am »
There are two entirely separate issues here:

- The video problem, which doesn't show the complete dialog box. As I've said, I cannot replicate this, and even under Windows 7, but your theme seems to be strange: are you using the Windows classic theme ? Have you tried reverting to the default one ?

And, when I said full screen, I didn't mean you should have copied the whole dialog, but I was referring to the difference between FSX Full Screen and FSX Windowed. Sometimes, FSX Full screen can cause issues to dialogs, which is why I asked if you were running in Full screen and, use Windowed mode instead to do all your edits. If you are using Windowed mode, then we are back to the issue of the them used.

It's possible you also changed the overall font size in Windows ? This can also usually cause all sort of problems to applications, if it's set to a value different than the default 100%.

- The appearance of belt loaders. If it's happening only at some airports, it's likely happening because you changed the configuration for that parking on that screen to have Belt loaders instead.

Try to Reset that gate, and restart GSX. Does the cargo loader appear now ?

Cfoley

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 01:51:03 am »
Not knowing what I should do next,  I went ahead and downloaded the GSX Full Installer.   I loaded up the PMDG 747-400 at UK2000 Heathrow add on airport at the same gate I picked before and both cargo loaders appeared this time.   I should have done that to begin with I suppose.  Thanks for all your help with this issue.

Sincerely,
Cfoley