Author Topic: GSX P3d V4 pushback issue  (Read 3912 times)

airflow93

GSX P3d V4 pushback issue
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:57:31 am »
Hey everyone,

I was just after a little help, in regards to push back in GSX. I have a recurring issue whereby only one pushback direction is offered from the gate in GSX. I have been experiencing this trouble with the airports offered in Orbx's New Zealand North and South sceneries and have noted on previous posts that this issue is attributed to the AFCAD of the 3rd party airport rather than GSX which I accept completely.

To test this, I have loaded up the FsLabs a320 at some default P3d airports such as YSSY gate A55 and KLAX gate 59 which would normally allow for pushback in both directions. Once again GSX has only offered pushback in one direction rather than both and as such, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to resolve this issue as it is happening with default airports too.

I've opened up the airport parking settings for both airports and confirmed that each gate has the pushback direction set to both. Additionally, I was previously using FSX with GSX and found that the same gates at the default YSSY and Orbx NZ airports offered pushback in both directions. I've attached some screenshots of what I am physically seeing in the GSX menu at KLAX Gate 59 just for clarity.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX P3d V4 pushback issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:17:36 am »
Once again GSX has only offered pushback in one direction rather than both and as such, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to resolve this issue as it is happening with default airports too.

First, are you aware you can resize the menu with the mouse ? There's a known issue in P3D that, when loading some 3rd party airplanes, the menu gets smaller, but can be resized. It's totally unrelated to GSX, since we don't have any control over its size/placement, it's all done internally by the sim.

If the GSX parking customization page says "Both", you should see two directions. However, it's possible that at some parkings, depending how the AFCAD is made, two directions are not possible or would result in the same end node, which basically means "one direction".

airflow93

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 01:55:13 pm »
Oh thanks for that, I’ll keep that in mind and enlarge it next time. In regards to the single pushback direction issue I am yet to see a single gate at any default airport offer multiple pushback directions. I’ve further tested gates at LFPG, YMML and YPAD and am yet to find a gate that will provide more than one pushback direction. If it was just one or two airports which suffered from this issue I’d understand however, every single default airport gate I test fails to provide more than one pushback option.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 03:48:36 pm »
I’ve further tested gates at LFPG, YMML and YPAD and am yet to find a gate that will provide more than one pushback direction.

The first gate I tried at default YMML, B21, is set as "Both", offers me Left and Right direction (and straight)

The first gate I tried at default YPAD, Gate 3, is as "Right", offers only Right direction (and straight). Gates from 4 to 10 are set as "Left", and they gave me only Left (and straight).

I tried changing Gate 3 to "Both" and, sure enough, it gives me both directions, even if in this case, Left wouldn't make much sense, since it will end up in a direction opposite to the most logical to take off, so the parking was correctly set to Right by default.

airflow93

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 10:15:34 pm »
Oh that’s really weird, I’ve just loaded up B21 at YMML and it’s only providing me with the one pushback option. I have confirmed it the gate is set to both also in the settings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:21 pm »
Oh that’s really weird, I’ve just loaded up B21 at YMML and it’s only providing me with the one pushback option.

Are you sure it's not just because you don't see the whole menu, because the window is too small ?