Author Topic: GSX FUEL TRUCK  (Read 6977 times)

meto

GSX FUEL TRUCK
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »
Hello,

I use GSX FSX and also GSX PREPAR3D V3. I use IFLY 737, and also PMDG 737. running with WINDOWS 10.
I5 processor etc....Install FSDT UPDATES.

For my flights i use SIMBRIEF, in the Dispatch Sheet, Simbrief is saying i will need 6500 kilo of fuel. I am parked at a gate. using GSX calling for Fuel truck......the fuel truck arrive. waiting for the message,' You have to use
the airplane fuel '.......

In the FMC i enter the fuel 6500 kilo or 6.5 ....FUEL TRUCK IN POSITION....I choose CUSTOM....6500 in FSX Fuel planner.............NOTHING HAPPEN...........i go to PMDG  FS ACTION choose FUEL...enter 6500....o9n the truck gage the guy put 19,  and bye, he left.

IFLY 737 SAME THING BUT I ASK FOR 6500 kilo, on the truck gage.....2139

How is calculate the fuel ???? 2139  ??? i convert 6500 kilo, in pounds, lbs, tons, gallons.....What is 2139 ??? i ask for 6500 kilo...is the fuel on tthe ruck gage JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT just to show hes putting fuel, or is it suppose to be what we ask ?????

has i see, we cannot use our fuel with GSX....just what GSX want...PREFUEL...one third, two third, full, or 25 %, etc...if i fuel the plane in fmc etc,,,without GSX all is working perfect.

i tried everything possible adjustment in ifly and pmdg.....fsx and prepar3d v3 ....kilo, pounds,,,etcc,,,,,there is nothing to correct this. Re Download GSX, Re install, FSDT UPDATE..........i dont see the issue.

what am i doing wrong ????

Thank you very much
Lucien Paquette.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX FUEL TRUCK
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:53:29 pm »
i tried everything possible adjustment in ifly and pmdg.....fsx and prepar3d v3 ....kilo, pounds,,,etcc,,,,,there is nothing to correct this. Re Download GSX, Re install, FSDT UPDATE..........i dont see the issue.

You must use whatever unit of measure the airplane or the utility or whatever other method you use to load fuel which is required by THAT method, it doesn't matter for GSX.

As explained in many other threads about refueling, the GSX fuel truck will never "remove" (or pump out) any fuel so, if the fuel quantity you started with is HIGHER then the final fuel quantity you requested, the GSX fuel truck will assume there's nothing to do, so it will go away without doing anything.

So, as already explained in many other threads about refueling, it's best if you save a startup flight with tanks almost empty, because it wouldn't make much sense to empty the tanks first each time.

meto

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:30:38 pm »
hello,

Thank you for your answer, but what i am really trying to understand is ..How the fuel is calculated by the fuel truck ??

As per the GSX manual,  According to real-life capacities of the vehicle fuel pumps in GPM (Gallons Per Minute).

Yes it was multiple times discussed in this forum, but did'nt find an answer that i think the amount of fuel is not accurate.
PMDG claim that we cannot use external fueling for their planes. In ifly there is already a fuel configurator. and for what i see and saw, everything is related to the FSX fuel planner system. so using GSX should be the EXACT fuel for our airplanes whatever.we use. but...

So how can i be sure its EXACT ???  i have made all the calculations possible, GPM, KPM, GPH, KPHour,PPM,  etc....
1 Gallon per minute= 2.7 kilo per minute  so if we make the calculation...6,500 kilo should be equal to 2386
Gallons ,but the fuel truck inject 2139 and leave. whatever we do. i am really mixed up with this.

I put every FUEL at ZERO no fuel, EMPTY.....EVERYWERE, in FSX, PMDG, IFLY,  but still the fuel calculation in GSX I think  is not accurate, Is it possible that in FSX there is somewhere a MINIMUM  that we cannot change ??? because from what i see EVEYTHING is related to the FSX FUEL PLANNER.

I trust GSX and FSDREAMTEAM its not because i want to argue about that, i love GSX, i use often GSX since a long time, but its just this week that i found that i think there is no balance between GSX fuel truck and what we really want to put in fuel. GSX is OUTSTANDING but all i want to know is HOW THE FUEL IS CALCULATE...
maybe i am mistaking the calculations but HOW GSX find its 2139 Gallons per minute, instead of 2386 for a 6500 kilo of fuel ?

Thank you very much,
Lucien Paquette.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:04:14 pm »
Thank you for your answer, but what i am really trying to understand is ..How the fuel is calculated by the fuel truck ??

You probably missed to read the most important concept explained in the manual:

If an airplane is flagged using a custom fuel system, which means the option "Use the FSX fuel/cargo page" in the GSX airplane configuration is NOT set, GSX won't touch the fuel quantity, and it will be your airplane system, which can be either internal or external, which will actually load the fuel: GSX will JUST react to it with its own animations.

And, as explained in the manual, with two examples, the behavior is different if the airplane that use a custom fuel system is refueling "instantly" or "progressively".

If it refuels instantly, GSX will then animate its truck and its fuel counters, calculating the *difference* between the quantity you had BEFORE you saw the message "Please use the refuel system of your plane", and the quantity you had AFTER you changed the fuel using any "instant" method on that plane.

The refueling SPEED will be either *very* fast, if you had the "Always refueling progressively" option in GSX disabled, or according to the vehicle pump specs, if that option is disabled but still, GSX hasn't refueled the airplane in that case.

PMDG claim that we cannot use external fueling for their planes.

And in fact, you are not, because we flagged all PMDG planes to have custom fuel system, so GSX is not touching the fuel, at all.

meto

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 01:22:52 pm »
Hello,
Sorry Virtuali, i was a bit to anxious and i post another reply just as the same time you were answering me.
very sorry.

Thank you very much for your answer,  and FAST, also,,,WOWWW...,ahahaha

As you said maybe i lost a bit of reading in the manual, 

i'll check this up,

Lucien Paquette,

teli

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 02:21:56 pm »
May be this is a stupid questione, but I have a small request for help.

I'm using QW787 and my questione is: if this aircraft  use "custom fuel system" or not? So can I use GSX for use physically for refueling (us I undrestand when AC don't use custom fuel system) or it will be only simulation of refueling (if AC use custom).

Thank You for Your help and sorry for my English

Regards
Grzegorz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 02:39:38 pm »
I'm using QW787 and my questione is: if this aircraft  use "custom fuel system" or not?

I have no idea, it's not included in the GSX internal database, but I think QW is supplying a GSX configuration for it so, we should assume they must know, and have flagged the airplane appropriately.

teli

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 10:28:01 pm »
Than You sir ;)
In GSX.cfg inside QW787 I find a entry: refueling = 1 could You tell is this meen that is custom fuel system?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:22 pm »
refueling = 1 could You tell is this meen that is custom fuel system?

No, it's default. 1 means "Yes, GSX will refuel the airplane".

teli

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 11:09:33 pm »
Thank You it's good for me ;D