Author Topic: Couatl is starting but then disappears  (Read 7762 times)

CMChristian

Re: Couatl is starting but then disappears
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 12:32:17 am »
Hi Umberto,

I'm using FSX Acceleration SP2
Windows 7 Home Premium

I'm not using a firewall or antivirus
I've also tried to install GSX in the safe boot mode (no internet no antivirus...)
today i've again downloaded GSX Full installer
Deleted all the GSX
CCleaner for really cleaning
Then installed GSX_fsx_setup.exe as administrator
GSX installed automatically into C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

Then I've started FSX
Asking me  if i trust Couatl and Addon manager..... both Yes
Can see Couatl in the task manager...... is running
Loading any default or PMDG737 and press "start"
FSX loading normally
Then i can see Couatl and GSX and Addon manager lines in the Menu.....looks good
But everytime after approximately 10 to 17 seconds the couatl and gsx lines disappears
only addonmanager line is still useable

If it helps
In the Windows Event Viewer (WindowsLogs / Applications)
i can find the error of couatl.exe and the information about the APPCRASH couatl

I've searched for the couatl.log and couatl.err under %appdata%, but
there is no one of these two files.
only updatecache file and couatladdons and keymapping

Thanks in advance for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 10:25:36 am »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm this cannot be replicated in any way. The only possible issue is the Live Update being prevented to download something, which is always caused by an antivirus or a firewall blocking the download.

Try to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead. This is always updated with the latest files which are online so, it won't be affected by a firewall or antivirus mistakenly blocking the download, since the file it will install are the same to the ones which were supposed to be  downloaded by the Live Update.

This won't really fix the problem, since you want to fix your firewall/antivirus issue but, at least, if the Stand-Alone Addon Manager works, you would know for sure the problem was the Live Update being prevented to do its job entirely.

CMChristian

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 08:45:53 pm »
Report:

unistalled GSX and AddonManager and cleaned via ccleaner all entries
downloaded Standalone Addon Manager
installed Standalone Addon Manager

after starting FSX i can see under the add-ons  menu
couatl settings
couatl live update
addon manager

and coutl is stable
no GSX (normal)

made FSDT live update and nothing changed

so i started in the windows safe mode (only basic programs, network, but no antivirus no firewall)
downloaded GSX full installer again
and installed GSX in the windows safe mode (no firewall, no antivirus...)
changed to normal windows mode, started fsx, and the same happens again

couatl is running until loading the scenery and then disappeared from taskmanager or add-ons menu

ok....but now we know fsx is loading couatl and the bglmanx.dll, but the problems are starting if gsx is installed....hmmmm?

Maybe some missing Microsoft Visual C++ or other Microsoft files
Which files of  Microsoft  e.g. KB******* or Visual C++ are necessary?
Or are there special settings in the FSX?

What if install a older versionĀ“of gsx? would this be useful? or would this not working in general?
Is there a file or a log (there is no couatl.LOG under %appdata%virtuali on my computer) or could there be a describing eventfile
to narrow down the problem?

...... i would love to use GSX in FSX again..... ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 02:40:01 pm »
ok....but now we know fsx is loading couatl and the bglmanx.dll, but the problems are starting if gsx is installed...

This means there are no issues with the system libraries.

Is there a file or a log (there is no couatl.LOG under %appdata%virtuali on my computer)

The Couatl.LOG will be created only if you enable logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page. If GSX disappears before you are able to access its settings, you can enable logging manually this way:

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, run FSX and then exit after it finished loading. Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content.

CMChristian

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 10:47:38 am »
Hi Umberto,

first: it works!!! (on testing)

what i've done:
created the couatl.ini file, like you said
then startet fsx with only couatl installed (no gsx installed)
in %appdata%roaming/virtuali a LOG file was created automatically after starting fsx the next time.
then i installed the last GSX with the full installer (like i've done all the time)
started FSX and boooom GSX is alive again..... :-)

so i'm testing now if it's stable, but it looks like

my opinion:
 all the time when i installed gsx full installer or stand alone manager.....there was no couatl.log or *.ini created (i know in the gsx-settings i've to activate)
maybe the couatl.ini and couatl.log are necessary for a running GSX on my system,
because the only thing i've changed was to put in this .ini file.

the routine of success i think:
uninstalled all the GSX and Stand-alone Addon Manager
shut down all antivirus and possible firewalls or download in the windows safety mode
downloaded the newest Stand-alone addon Manager and installed
started fsx and checked if couatl is stable in the add-ons menu (then closed fsx)
then created the couatl.ini
started fsx and checked again if couatl is stable in the add-ons menu of my FSX  (then closed FSX)
then downloaded and installed the newest gsx full installer (right mouseclick installed as admin)
and started fsx and now it seems to work :-)

thanks Umberto for your help. i'm really happy and hope it will be stable ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 12:37:35 am »
all the time when i installed gsx full installer or stand alone manager.....there was no couatl.log or *.ini created (i know in the gsx-settings i've to activate) maybe the couatl.ini and couatl.log are necessary for a running GSX on my system

The Couatl.log file is created automatically by GSX (more precisely, by Couatl) ONLY after editing the .INI file to enable it, but if there's no Couatl.INI, no Couatl.LOG will be created, but none of them are required.

It must be some kind of coincidence, but I assure you they are not required and the issue was something else.