Author Topic: GSX Menue Will not come up **SOLVED**  (Read 13863 times)

drego22

GSX Menue Will not come up **SOLVED**
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:07:12 am »
Hello, I am sending this message due to not being able to get the Selection menu to popup when I hit ctrl+F12 or Coualt menu. I ran the updater several times, and I updated the Add on Mgr. and still nothing! Please help me resolve this horrible issue. Thank you in advance!

Andre Chambers
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:47:08 pm by virtuali »
Andre Chambers

SkylaneT

Re: GSX Menue Will not come up
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:14:27 am »
I've also this problem for a few days now. In Add-ons menu I don't have GSX or Couatl menu. I've even reinstalled GSX completely but the problem persist. Also GSX stays in trial mode even when I put in registration serial in Addon Manager for GSX.

SkylaneT

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:43:23 am »
I've also noticed that with GSX installed I am getting simmconect error after p3d loads up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 02:18:15 pm »
I've also noticed that with GSX installed I am getting simmconect error after p3d loads up.

If you are getting a Simconnect error (which one ?), it clearly shows the problem is not GSX, but Simconnect itself, so GSX it's just affected by it and, most likely, many other addons won't work correctly until you fix this Simconnect problem.

They are *usually* caused by other 3rd party products using very outdated versions of Simconnect, so your sim is stuck with the old ones.

SkylaneT

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 08:04:47 am »
I am getting message: "Flight simulator X SimConnect Error has been detected, restarting connection". But now I found out that apparently this isn't happening because GSX but it is happening because of FS Real time, but strangely not always. Sorry that I accused GSX for this error. But  I still don't have Couatl and GSX menu in Add-ons, also it seems I can't register GSX. It stays in trial mode. A week ago everything was working fine and lately i didn't install any new addons except Envshade and I've ran FSDT Live Update now and then.

eno

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:57:51 am »
I received news about the new update (v2.2) and its new feature allowing a third cargo door for aircraft and proceeded to install the new update from the download from GSX's website. I am using FSX and I have been battling this issue as well. After the install, during my first session of FSX, GSX worked flawlessly and I fiddled around with the new feature. On the next FSX run, the GSX and coautl context menus were missing from the Add-on menu.

My troubleshooting so far, in sequential order:
- Checked FSX's 'Trusted' section to see if coautl.exe and bglmanx.dll are present and this was true.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled FSUIPC to see if the issue was caused by FSUIPC.
- Deleted all entries associated with GSX in FSX.cfg and then uninstalled and reinstalled GSX.
- Rebooted my PC.
- Uninstalled GSX since the problem still persists.
- Made a decision to roll back to version 1.9 and this gave me no issues but at this point it was too late to go back as I was now missing the new feature (mentioned above) that I got fond of already.
- Decided to use FSDT Live Update to update GSX rather than the installer downloaded from the website.
- After all this, the problem still persists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:52:34 am »
After the install, during my first session of FSX, GSX worked flawlessly and I fiddled around with the new feature. On the next FSX run, the GSX and coautl context menus were missing from the Add-on menu.

If Couatl/GSX menus appeared initially, but it didn't on the 2nd run, and this happens even after a reboot, the most likely cause is the antivirus blocking Couatl.exe.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning:

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

eno

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 02:42:17 pm »
Just did this but it is still not working
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:48:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:49:37 pm »
Then there might be a problem with your VC++ libraries, some of them might be missing or corrupted. Try to download them from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Download BOTH 32 and 64 bit versions, install both of them.

eno

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 05:25:57 pm »
Then there might be a problem with your VC++ libraries, some of them might be missing or corrupted. Try to download them from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Download BOTH 32 and 64 bit versions, install both of them.

I appreciate your quick response. I have installed these and it is still not working. I did some more troubleshooting:

- I ran FSX. In the Add-on menu, Addon Manager was present. I tried to manage GSX from the Addon Manager and saw that GSX was in trial mode. I tried to activate it but got the same issue as was said earlier.

I've also this problem for a few days now. In Add-ons menu I don't have GSX or Couatl menu. I've even reinstalled GSX completely but the problem persists. Also, GSX stays in trial mode even when I put in registration serial in Addon Manager for GSX.

I navigated to couatl.exe in the Addon Manager folder in ProgramFiles(x86) and ran it. I did the following right after:
- toggled UAC on and off while monitoring processes in task manager
- toggled couatl.exe to Run as Administrator

I observed that there was no improvement while doing this. However, Coautl's Scripting Engine process flashed for a second in Task manager each time I clicked on the executable.

FSX was running during my troubleshooting

eno

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 11:05:41 pm »
Ah...finally some useful results to pin down the issue. I after looking around for an error describing why couatl was not running, I found a file called Couatl.err in my %appdata% folder. The error message contained in it read:

couatl v3.2 (build 3868)
panic log started on Mon Nov 13 22:04:15 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named wx
Application aborted because of a Python error
{}

Can someone please tell me what this error represents so I can continue to pin down the cause of the error and resolve this issue?

By the way, everyone else that has this issue on this thread, have you resolved the issue yet?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:36:00 am by eno »

SkylaneT

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:06 am »
I have same error in Couatl.err as you. And no, I haven't resolved this issue yet. I also tried to install VC++ libraries from that link, but I get error for both 32 and 64 bit version that I already have another version of this product installed. Maybe it has something to do with my Windows, because i use Insider Preview builds and maybe GSX stopped working when my system was updated to build 17035. But I don't remember exactly if this issue started at that point.  8)

eno

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 12:11:57 pm »
I have same error in Couatl.err as you. And no, I haven't resolved this issue yet. I also tried to install VC++ libraries from that link, but I get error for both 32 and 64 bit version that I already have another version of this product installed. Maybe it has something to do with my Windows, because i use Insider Preview builds and maybe GSX stopped working when my system was updated to build 17035. But I don't remember exactly if this issue started at that point.  8)

Same here.

SkylaneT

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 12:31:21 pm »

Same here.

Hm, apparently we can pin down the cause of this issue to windows insider preview and wait for next build this Wednesday or Thursday and maybe the issue will gone.  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:02 pm »
Hm, apparently we can pin down the cause of this issue to windows insider preview and wait for next build this Wednesday or Thursday and maybe the issue will gone. 

Yes, this was already discussed in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16676.msg119344.html#msg119344

The OP has exactly the same issue and the same "No module named wx" error, and it could be fixed only by removing the Windows Beta and restoring the official one.

We can only hope that Microsoft will fix this, because it seems to be happening entirely outside our control.