Author Topic: No Parking available at this airport - FlyTampa EHAM  (Read 2479 times)

funkcanna

No Parking available at this airport - FlyTampa EHAM
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:48:00 am »
Hi, I get "GSX: There are no parkings available at this airport" when at EHAM by FlyTampa.

Ive tried rebuilding airport cache and restarting coutl but no change.  Additionally when I go to "Customize Parking" in the GSX Menu, it shows the AFCAD to be "...\ZHAM_Flyatmpa.bgl"  - please note the spelling mistake, this is EXACTLY what it says in the Customize Parking menu.  I definitely think this is a problem!  I checked the actual file and it actually is spelled this way.

Any idea how to resolve?t is

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Parking available at this airport - FlyTampa EHAM
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:25 pm »
That's not obviously a GSX problem, that surely doesn't make "spelling mistakes". That's how that file is named!

However, the AFCAD from FlyTampa is a different one, that just a support AFCAD, but it doesn't contain any parkings, however, it is related to EHAM so, GSX will try to use it, if there's no other AFCAD available and, since that one has no parkings, GSX correctly reports so.

So, your issue seems to be why the regular AFCAD is not used instead. Have you removed it manually ? If the file is there ( ADEX_*.BGL, there are different variations of it ) the issue might be related to the way the FlyTampa configurator switches between AFCADs, depending what it does, GSX might not be able to detect a change happened in the scenery because, in order to speed up the cache regeneration time, GSX ask Windows the last modification date of the scenery folder, in order to save time and not trying to compare date/time of each and every file in it so, not all file operations the configurator might have done, will change the last modification date of a folder.

Which is why, GSX has the option to "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option in the Couatl menu, exactly to sort out this specific issues with 3rd party sceneries using multiple AFCADs with an external configurator, or when you rename/remove a file from the scenery folder. So, try that.

If that doesn't work, be sure you DO have at least one ADEX*.BGL file active, which should be the norm.