Author Topic: new version GSX 2.2  (Read 8908 times)

maca11

new version GSX 2.2
« on: October 29, 2017, 09:35:32 pm »
Hello, I upgraded to new version of GSX... it looks like dynamic lighting of it is more GPU demanding than previous version...
Is that true or it is just my perception....(I am getting less CPU at night in airports when using new GSX...)
many thanks for any experience !
JM

Eziocin

Re: new version GSX 2.2
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:58:27 am »
I am having this issue as well. It looks like GSX 2.2 is affected by DL more than the previous version. In my system, the pushback function seems to be the most impacted. As soon P/B starts I have significant drop in FPS and heavy stutters. The problem does not occur during the day with GSX p/b or at night pushing back using Shift-P option without GSX.
regards

Ezio

maca11

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:22:16 am »
In this case I would go back to previous version. (Improvement of detail is nice but it is not worth to loose so much FPS at night)...
Is there a way how to install previous version ?
many thanks !
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:25:41 pm »
Not the slightest thing has changed with any of the light of any of the GSX vehicles since we released the first P3D4 version in June.

Dynamic lights are simply part of the objects models and, the only one that we update, was the Hi-Cargo loader that is now dedicated to the left Main Cargo door. All the rest of the vehicles are bit-by-bit identical to the 2.0 and 2.1 versions, and nothing in the GSX code ever controls the Dynamic Lights.

So, whatever performance loss you are seeing, is NOT related to GSX, at all. It's just a generic impact of DL on your system and your settings.

As discussed here and in many other forums, the performance impact of DL is not just related to the object *casting* a light (the GSX vehicle, which are UNCHANGED), but also on where a light is casted unto. So, the SAME GSX vehicle will affect the fps differently if you are on a default airport, or a detailed add-on airport. The more detailed the scenery is, the more it the fps will drop if there's a DL projected ON it.

It's also possible the SDK (and the kind of materials) used to do the scenery could have an effect on this, but we haven't fully tested it.

And, since GSX vehicles operate close to the airplane, it's not just the scenery complexity that might affect the impact of DL, but the airplane model complexity too (and the SDK used, and the kind of materials used too).

Here's a screenshot of DL from GSX vehicles not impacting fps at all (0 fps loss), using the default A321 on the default P3D4 airport.

maca11

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:57:13 pm »
Hello,
many thanks for reply.
However, there must have been something changed in GSX (DL).
I did not change anything, and in EGLL and KPHX GSX was working without any impact in FPS at night....
After reinstalling GSX (to version 2.2) there are suddenly stutters due GPU load (100%) when GSX vehicles arrive....
(all absolutely same, only reinstalled new GSX)
There is definitely something different.....
Can I somehow go back to previous version ?
many thanks !
JM
(using and testing those on Aerosoft EGLL and FSdream KPHX and PMDG 747)

maca11

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »
just another proof that something has changed is also the fact that in this version after selection option 1-deboarding (PMDG747) there appear vehicles which are ready for de-boarding pallets... but also there are crawling around GSX vehicles with luggage (like used for smaller aircraft without pallets loader). These vehicles go around and then go away.....

I have not changed anything in set-up.
I tried 2 times uninstall and re-install again (GSX)..

Anything what could be wrong ?

many thanks !
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 09:00:00 am »
However, there must have been something changed in GSX (DL).

Nothing has changed in GSX with regard to dynamic lights.

I did not change anything, and in EGLL and KPHX GSX was working without any impact in FPS at night....

Yes, you changed something, or something else changed something without you realizing it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 09:05:23 am »
just another proof that something has changed is also the fact that in this version after selection option 1-deboarding (PMDG747) there appear vehicles which are ready for de-boarding pallets... but also there are crawling around GSX vehicles with luggage (like used for smaller aircraft without pallets loader). These vehicles go around and then go away.....

This isn't any proof that anything has changed related to Dynamic Lights.

Yes, of course something "changed", because we now support 3 cargo loaders at the same time so yes, you have 2 additional lights because of the additional loader but if your fps goes down with only 2 lights more, your problem is elsehwere, since you need *dozen* of dynamic lights before starting to see a small fps decrease.

Also, you don't say which PMDG 747 you use because, if you use a Passenger version, the extra loaded won't even appear, since the passenger version doesn't have a main cargo door to begin with so, no 3rd loader will appear.

maca11

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 03:26:53 pm »
OK, many thanks for reactions.

I use PMDG 747 passenger version, that is why it was strange that newly I see (except of 2 loader of pallets and related delivery cars) also small vehicle with several luggages on the trolleys going around....Is it possible to switch those off somewhere in set-up ?

Yes, you are right that extra 2 lights should not make a big drop, however, even before GPU usage was very close to 99% (so still no impact on FPS), however, these 2 lights could make a 'last drop' which makes GPU used for 100% and suddenly FPS drops visibly and making stutters.

Otherwise, really nothing else changed neither was installed or re-installed by me to my p3dv4.1 or HW....

The best would be if I can test older version of GSX again.. Would that be somehow possible ?

Many thanks!

JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »
The best would be if I can test older version of GSX again.. Would that be somehow possible ?

That would be entirely useless, since nothing has changed that could affect DL.

maca11

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 11:00:24 pm »
OK, thanks.
I disagree, there must be some changes in GSX which made the impact on GPU usage, but you have obviously more detailed info and arguments... so cannot argue anymore

Anyway, is there a way to disable then the little track with luggage crowling around (it was not the case before).
many thanks
JM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 02:36:31 pm »
I disagree, there must be some changes in GSX which made the impact on GPU usage, but you have obviously more detailed info and arguments... so cannot argue anymore

There aren't any changes in GSX that could affect DL. The vehicles models and their lights are exactly the same. This is not really open to discussion, that's a fact.

But as I've said, we have one additional baggage loader, so their lights are now added. Again, it's not normal that your fps would change so much with just 2 lights added but maybe, there's some kind of threshold that your system can handle so, after that threshold, performances will drop sharply.

However, this is NOT obviously caused by the GSX vehicles, you got closer to that threshold because many dynamic lights has been added by the airplane and the scenery combined so, it's possible the additional GSX vehicle might simply caused to cross your performance threshold.

If this theory is true, you shouldn't see any fps impact on a default airport with a default airplane. This would be the final proof the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or some supposed "changes in DL" that happened with it (there are none, as I've said several times by now), and your DL performances were already close to critical due to the DL lights added by the airplane and the scenery combined.

Anyway, is there a way to disable then the little track with luggage crowling around (it was not the case before).

If you are referring to the extra truck that appears because we now support a 3rd cargo loader, then yes, we'll update the program to have it only on Cargo parkings, as discussed in another thread.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:45:48 pm by virtuali »

maca11

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 02:41:57 pm »
many thanks !
JM

nhlking

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 11:55:18 pm »
Hello,

i have the same problem with that version. Since i have the new version installed iam getting in example at AS Frankfurt at night round about 8 frames in the FS Labs A320, the same happend to me in AS La Palma. A few days ago with the old version, i had no impact on frames, when using GSX.

When i have GSX disabled at night at an addon airport i getting got frames, when i start GSX its dropping down to 5-10 frames.

Best regards

Marcel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 12:02:00 am »
i have the same problem with that version

See my previous reply. Nothing has changed that could have an effect on dynamic lights in this version. The vehicles are THE SAME and lights are only defined in their model, and we haven't changed the effect too, since last June.

The only difference in this version, is that we have an additional train, which will go away as soon service is started. But, it's adding just its 2 front lights so, if your fps goes down at night, it's because the airplane and the scenery already placed such strain on DL, that you were already close to the limit your system can handle.

As I've said, you can verify if this is the case, with a default airplane on a default airplane.

See the attached screenshot, with GSX vehicles happily running at more than 80 fps at night.