Author Topic: GSX Uninstalls Itself from my game (FSX:SE) how do you fix this?  (Read 8398 times)

micaeljm00

Re: GSX Uninstalls Itself from my game (FSX:SE) how do you fix this?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:51 pm »
looks like its working for now, ill let you know if its not working

cbruce

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »
I have got this problem too.  I just uninstalled my old version of gsx and installed the latest on the site, check avi exclusions okbut I do not gave gsx under add-ons but I do have coatl and sode

I am using p3d v3.5

I installed the addons folder to c:\addons or should this be inside the p3d folder?

Best
Charles
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:11:39 pm by cbruce »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 06:23:32 pm »
I have got this problem too.  I just uninstalled my old version of gsx and installed the latest on the site, check avi exclusions okbut I do not gave gsx under add-ons but I do have coatl and sode

If you have Couatl but not GSX, it's because you haven't installed GSX. Maybe you uninstalled and reinstalled only other FSDT products, but forgot to reinstall GSX.

micaeljm00

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 09:24:22 pm »
now ever since i installed gsx my game has been freezing for like 10 minutes, do you know why this is?

micaeljm00

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 10:07:04 pm »
now ever since i installed gsx my game has been freezing for like 10 minutes, do you know why this is?
please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 11:30:55 pm »

It's impossible that installing GSX would freeze the program for 10 minutes (and then, does it load ?), and nobody ever reported it before. Your problem is surely something else. Try a Windows restart.

micaeljm00

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:28 pm »
Gsx starts as normal, it doesn't take 10 minutes for it to work. But what I'm saying is that after I load in my game freezes every 5 seconds for about a minute or 2, before I installed GSX I never had this problem, when you mean by windows restart do you mean I should restart my computer?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:25:16 am by micaeljm00 »

micaeljm00

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 03:24:46 am »
Soo I uninstalled the stand-alone Addon Manager and GSX, and then I reinstalled it back but not GSX just the stand-alone Addon Manager and I'm finding out that it's just this(the stand-alone Addon Manager) that freezing my game, sooo I don't know what to do. Please help (Hopefully This Makes Sence)

micaeljm00

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 04:14:24 am »
I just reinstalled GSX without installing the stand-alone Addon Manager and it still freezes. Pleas help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 04:10:59 pm »
I just reinstalled GSX without installing the stand-alone Addon Manager and it still freezes. Pleas help

Installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not required, since GSX comes with it.

In any case as I've said in my previous message, it's impossible that just installing GSX would freeze the program, and nobody ever reported it before.  So, clearly, the problem is not GSX, but must be some other addon you have installed.