Author Topic: GSX has been disable in this airport by user settings **SOLVED**  (Read 13170 times)

Bombero18

Hi,

Yesterday I was using GSX on SCEL (Santiago, Chile) with no problem at all... Late in the night I decided to depart from Santiago again to make a night long haul flight but when I press CTRL+F12 the following message came on the "grenn bar of text".

"GSX has been disable in this airport by user settings"

I have not modified any "user settings" and I cant find where to "Enable" that since I have not touched and I have not found any topic related to this issue in the forum... I tried to check all the options of the Couatl menu, the settings where you find "sound and others"

I gave up after trying to find in the forum, on google, in my FSX, with my friends so here I am... HELP  :-\

Regards,

Mauricio
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:38:17 am by virtuali »

MELKOR

Re: GSX has been disable in this airport by user settings
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:55:15 pm »
See this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16626.0.html

Just run Live Update a second time.

Bombero18

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:20:50 am »
Hi, I did it... Did not change anything, but as the other person mentioned "There was more things to update/download this time" but I still have the problem... I also tried to Disable/Enable the GSX.

Thank you anyways!

Bombero18

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:51:22 pm »
Well the fix was to reinstall GSX, thanks for the support have a great one everyone.

somiller

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 05:53:51 am »
I ran live update this evening at about 7:30 p.m. US EDT and after l loaded P3Dv4.1 into KLAS active runway, I tried using GSX to warp me to the gate and it crashed my plane and put me in the middle of the desert. I restarted P3D and loaded into the gate at KLAS, then when requesting the jetway I got "GSX has been disabled at this airport by user settings." I did a Google search and found this thread so I ran a second live update pass, and after restarting P3D and loading at the gate...all GSX services worked. Obviously they have a problem with the updater...but they seem to want to direct blame at user error, or servers not having all the required files at the time of live update first pass.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:42 am »
Obviously they have a problem with the updater...but they seem to want to direct blame at user error, or servers not having all the required files at the time of live update first pass.

What to you mean with "obviously" ? Since the only TWO possible reason for that message, we can only indicate both of them, which is exactly what we did:

1) The user having  inadvertedly disabled GSX from the menu ( the "Disable" entry is close to the Settings entry, so it's possible to click it by mistake. In fact, we are considering adding a separator line... )

OR

2) Servers not having all the required files at the time of live update first pass.

If your wasn't case #1, then it was #2 so, clearly the Live Update never had a "problem" to begin with but, like anything server-based, it *depends* on what it can find on the server so no, the Live Update doesn't have any problem, and it WAS an issue of the servers, which is not really something we can have full control on.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:03:14 am by virtuali »

FOD

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 11:12:25 pm »
Understand your frustration Umberto. But look at my experience over the last 5 hours.

A week ago I had GSX running perfectly in FSX SE.  Today I set up a flight on my VA using FS Labs A320 and when I came to pushback, I got the message "GSX has been disabled .....user settings"

Firstly, I have never disabled GSX either by mistake or deliberately [option1]

Secondly, I have run Live Update at least 10 times [option2]; I have uninstalled and reinstalled GSX three times -all to no avail. I always get this error message whether running at an FSDT airport, a demo airport or default airport. {And on my last reinstall I have lo no FSDT scenery at Zurich- an old problem not seen for years]

So V grateful for any advice to recover GSX etc - I suspect there might be sometoing I miss when uninstalling?

Many Thanks

John rooum

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 04:16:48 am »
I had that message, I ran the stand-alone addon manager and everything cleared up and is working fine.

divinglyc

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 06:35:40 am »
Hi!!
This morning I got a message from FB indicating that there is an update of GSX to v.2.2 so I ran the live update. It was smooth during the process.
However, after that, I began to have the same message as the title.
I disable and enable GSX, deactivate and reactivate GSX, but all in vain.
What else can I do??
Thanks!!

edit:
Hi! I finally solved this! By completely uninstalling the addon manager(not sure if this is necessary) and GSX and reinsalling them.
It's OK now~
I updated GSX v2.2 by the live updater, but this issue occurred. Seems uninstall and reinstall cures.....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:08:49 am by divinglyc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 08:48:10 am »
Hi! I finally solved this! By completely uninstalling the addon manager(not sure if this is necessary) and GSX and reinsalling them.

Yes, this will always work because, if you redownload either GSX or the Addon Manager now, since we updated those two installers with the latest files, it's sure you'll get them in any case, because all the latest file are included in the installer, so even if an antivirus/firewall is blocking the Live Update download, it won't matter to them.

REPOLLO19

Re: GSX has been disable in this airport by user settings **SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »
Hi¡
I currently have this problem. I´ve tried everything but it doesn´t work. What can I do??

Antonio Coelho

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 08:58:46 pm »
Everything was fine with my GSX, I bought the KLAX scenario, and after the GSX inactivation it stopped working this message "GSX has been disabled in this airport by user settings" accompanied by an error sound. I did not disable anything. So I installed the scenario, and I did the FSTD Live update ..... I already ran the live update 5 times and nothing......and now how is it? Any solution
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:01:53 pm by ajnc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:07 pm »
Everything was fine with my GSX, I bought the KLAX scenario, and after the GSX inactivation it stopped working this message "GSX has been disabled in this airport by user settings" accompanied by an error sound. I did not disable anything. So I installed the scenario, and I did the FSTD Live update ..... and now how is it? Any solution

The solution has been already discussed in this thread, which has been marked **SOLVED** for a reason.

Antonio Coelho

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »
Sorry, I did not understand the solution

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 09:35:54 pm »
Sorry, I did not understand the solution

Quoting from the 2nd post of this thread:

See this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16626.0.html