Author Topic: GSX lets FSX (SE) crash shortly after start  (Read 2429 times)

MrSoenke

GSX lets FSX (SE) crash shortly after start
« on: September 23, 2017, 01:46:13 pm »
Hello community,

I have such a small problem with GSX, which I bought two days ago. The installation was smoothly and I could start the FSX (SE) normally. After the plane selection and the flight planning, I wanted, as it is now usual, to load the airport. Also this was not a problem, the (Addon-) Airport as well as the aircraft were loaded. But a few seconds after the spawn the FSX hangs up and "must be terminated". After some research on the Internet I came to the following solutions:

- simple reinstallation
- New installation with deactivated antivirus
- Download and install Addon Manager separately
- Repair the FSX (SE)

All these attempts, however, were unsuccessful. By the way, after the uninstallation of GSX ran the FSX again normal and without problems. A small test, the installation of the Addon Manager without GSX made me realize that the FSX probably because of it crashes, because this also depends on the start if only the Addon Manager is installed.

I hope you can help me with my problem.

Greetings,
MrSoenke
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:37:05 pm by MrSoenke »

swaor

Re: GSX lets FSX (SE) crash shortly after start
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
What does the widows Eventviewer say?

MrSoenke

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 05:26:06 pm »
Program fsx.exe, version 10.0.62615.0 can no longer run under Windows and has been terminated. To find more information about the problem, review the problem flow in the maintenance center control panel.
Process ID: 1bd4
Start time: 01d3347f215d05a4
End time: 410
Application path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ FSX \ fsx.exe
Report ID: 7ceaf6c9-a073-11e7-8813-50465d906347

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 09:40:44 am »
Are you using the current version of the GSX installer ?

MrSoenke

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 03:42:04 pm »
Yes, but I solved the problem! Because I come from Germany, I have for the FSX a German patch downloaded, which apparently is not compatible with GSX. I have now uninstalled this and now it works.