Author Topic: Live Updater Suggestion  (Read 2875 times)

sticky1202

Live Updater Suggestion
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:23:08 pm »
Umberto,

Would it be possible to see the changelog of what is being updated in the AFCADs BEFORE agreeing to the update? Obviously, many of us tweek our AFCADs to our own liking (parking radius, airline parking, etc) and would like to know if the changes in the new updated AFCAD coming from FSDT are important enough to download, and erase our hours of work tweeking the previous version. Obviously we want important issues fixed, but if your updates are only updating parking codes or something minor, I would obviously pass on those updated. Just a thought.

Jim

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Live Updater Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:50:51 pm »
 That is a great idea! I've often wondered the same thing.

precious62b

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 11:00:18 pm »
That does sound great.  Personally I back up all the FSDT afcads and turn them off.  On another note, does anyone have a custom KCLT afcad they would like the share?  It would be nice to see what changes different people are making.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:47:21 am »
Usually, we change parking sizes and position/rotation, in order to work better with GSX, which is very easy to do with the updated GSX editor and there's no other utility out there that allows you to do that in a visual way. We then put back the changes made with the GSX scenery editor into the base AFCAD, so they will match and will work for AI too.

But I'm afraid it would be really too much work to keep track of every update to log it. Do YOU keep track of every single change you do when editing an AFCAD ?

If you want to know for sure what has been changed, the only sure way is converting the .BGL into .XML, then use a file compare utility to compare it with the .XML from your AFCAD. This will also allow you to eventually "merge" your changes in.

If you really think something should be included in the AFCAD that comes with a scenery because it's lacking or something, you should really share it here.

sticky1202

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:27:58 pm »
As an example, for my personal AFCADS, I generally only use a few different radius for my AI aircraft. In meters, 14 for RJs and turboprop, 15 for narrow bodies, 20 for 757, 24 for A300/310/767, 26 for DC10/MD11, 31 for A330/340/350/B777/787, 33 for 747 and 37 for A380. I have edited my AI config files to conform to these radius. I also keep my airline assignments on the simple side. For example, at LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal, I do NOT assign airlines at all. With all the other gates having assignments (IE United American Delta) there really is no need. Another example is at DFW, where I shortened the length of 17L/35R so that only RJs and smaller aircraft use that runway and larger aircraft are forced to use 17C/35C to reduce congestion. The bottom line is, for whatever reason, my personally tailored AFCADs work better then the ones that come with the scenery. I would just like to know if the update I'm installing is worth reworking the entire AFCAD. It's good to know that most updates are just for minor items, and I can ignore them. Thanks for the great sceneries!

Jim