Author Topic: Jetway Does Not Work **SOLVED**  (Read 3210 times)

kmanning

Jetway Does Not Work **SOLVED**
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:13:38 am »
Hi,

I just recently purchased the FlyTampa Chicago Midway International Airport. When I arrived at Chicago Midway and opened the GSX menu to select my gate, I noticed it was missing gate B25 in the list. So apparently, this parking spot did not exist in the airport bgl file. I opened it in ADE and sure enough, it was not there. Of course, at the time of release, gate B25 probably did not exist. But it so happened that there was a spot for a new jetway on the terminal building. So, I edited this airport in ADE and added the new parking spot. I also realized that I needed to add a new jetway for this parking spot so I add that. When I selected gate B25 in FSX start position, it did not place me at gate B25 but actually placed me at gate B24 and GSX still would not recognize it. I check the start position menu list of gates in FSX and noticed there was no gate B24 in the list, but was there before. I ran ADE again and realized I never placed a taxi link running from the taxiway to the gate. So, I added this required link and now all the gates appear in the start position list and GSX recognizes gate B25 in it's list. But the only thing GSX won't do is move the jetway at gate B25 to the door of the plane. It won't work at all. All the other jetways work except this one which I've added in ADE. Is there something else I need to do in ADE or GSX? I'm sure the problem is not with GSX and I did checked the Optimize This Parking Area and made sure "This Parking has a Jetway" was selected. I must not have completed something either in ADE or GSX, so what is it?

Ken.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:19:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Does Not Work
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:19:14 am »
This is really a FAQ, it has been discussed so many times in the forum, and of course the manual has an highlight in blue to explain this. NOTHING in GSX controls or change the way jetways operates in a scenery.

- If a scenery doesn't have animated jetways to begin with, installing GSX won't change that, they will continue to be static.

- If a scenery uses the default FSX animation system for jetways, they will still operate as they were before, using the CTRL+J key, and installing GSX won't change anything the way they work.

The ONLY reason for having the "Parking has a jetway" option is to let GSX know there is a jetway there, so it won't try to create front stairs or call a passenger bus when boarding/deboarding passengers. Normally, if the jetway is listed as such in the scenery AFCAD, the flag is enabled automatically, because GSX read it from the AFCAD file.

But if your scenery doesn't have a jetway flagged as such in the AFCAD, maybe because it uses a static one, you will have to enable it manually, because GSX couldn't detect something that doesn't exists, but it will still need to prevent front stairs or the bus to be used. So, the only case where you need to enabled it manually, is when using 3rd party sceneries using static jetways, but it won't magically animate a static jetway, the only thing it will do, is to prevent the creation of front stairs and the passenger bus.

Basically, nothing in GSX ever changes or affects how jetways works (or not work) on any given scenery.

This is *somewhat* different is the scenery uses SODE jetways. In this case, GSX and SODE will cooperate, so GSX will know about the SODE jetways (even if they don't exists in the AFCAD, which is normal), SODE will be able to use the airplane door configuration from GSX and GSX will be able to control SODE from its own menu.