Author Topic: GSX, JFK, and couatl error **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**  (Read 4467 times)

njuser

GSX, JFK, and couatl error **SOLVED, not a GSX problem**
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:08:21 am »
Hi Friends,

Just updated to P3D v4.  Had GSX and FSDreamTeam LAX working great.  Just downloaded FSDreamTeam JFK and have been getting the attached image errors with the below error log when I try to load it.

couatl v3.2 (build 3829)
panic log started on Mon Aug  7 22:54:33 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 796, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 907, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 822, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 120, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 100, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_KJFK/KJFK_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.628708414763366, -73.77336233854291, 5.85176 m, 1.88976 m, 301.06188962236035)}

I have made sure that both GSX and addon manager are up to date. Additionally, when JFK eventually loads, P3D will have a fatal error.  

I can't seem to figure it out.  

Thanks for the help.

Seth

PS  I should add that I have run the live updater.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:07:14 pm by virtuali »

njuser

Re: GSX, JFK, and couatl error
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:36:37 pm »
In reading through some of the older posts, it seems there is an error maybe with fsx.cfg.  I did delete my old FSX just before these problems began.  However, I am using P3D so shouldn't the 2 be separate?  I'm assuming there would be a P3D.cfg instead or something like that. 

Thanks for the help.

Seth

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »
The FSX.CFG or Prepar3d.cfg doesn't have anything do with this. Your problem is simply that you haven't installed JFK. You must have uninstalled it, and forgot to reinstall it.

The error message is quite clear and it has only one meaning: files that are surely installed by the installer are not there anymore so, the only possible explanation (other than you removed them manually), is that you haven't run the JFK installer, or must have uninstalled it for some reason, and forgot to reinstall it.

njuser

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:29:03 am »
Thank you for the response.  I went into my program manager in Windows control panel, it was showing it as installed.  I then uninstalled it to be safe, re-downloaded it, and re-installed it.  At this point, the scenario will start to load, it gets to about 82% ( I can even see the skeleton JFK buildings and ground textures start to pop up), but then has a CTD with an error message "prepar3d exe has stopped working."  So I guess the coault issue is resolved for the moment but now JFK causes the CTD.  I loaded my FSDT LAX just to see if the same problem existed but it does not.  LAX loaded just fine.  Thoughts?  Thanks.
Seth     

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 12:42:11 am »
it gets to about 82% ( I can even see the skeleton JFK buildings and ground textures start to pop up), but then has a CTD with an error message "prepar3d exe has stopped working." 

A crash at 82% is usually a problem with an AI. Our software doesn't try to load any object of the scenery, until the loading is entirely completed and the sim is ready to fly. Only then, the loading process of our scenery will start.

now JFK causes the CTD.  I loaded my FSDT LAX just to see if the same problem existed but it does not.  LAX loaded just fine

You have a crash AT JFK, which doesn't mean JFK "causes" a crash. If the problem is an AI with a missing/corrupted texture, for example, you might be easily misled this has something to do with JFK the airport, because the different airline assignment and schedules compared to other airports might cause the malfunctioning AI to appear there, and not in other airports.

Check with 0% AI traffic. If the crashes goes away, you can be sure it was an AI.

njuser

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:12 am »
Ok so it happened at 86% when it was "loading air, sea, and land traffic."  When I turned it down to no traffic, it loaded great.  So now that we have identified it as a traffic problem, even though it isn't your product, do you know how I would go about identifying the issue\error?  I'm using My Traffic Professional 6.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 01:00:34 am »
So now that we have identified it as a traffic problem, even though it isn't your product, do you know how I would go about identifying the issue\error?  I'm using My Traffic Professional 6.

First, be sure you remove every AFCAD for JFK that comes with MyTraffic. This is surely required to solve conflicts like double objects, although it might not fix the crash.

If the crash is not fixed that way, I'm afraid it's quite complex to identify a faulty AI. The first thing to try, would be reinstalling MyTraffic, which would at least fix any possible corruption of the AI files happened locally on your system.

njuser

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:04:40 am »
Ok thanks.  I don't delete the double AFCADs.  I simply rename them to xxx.bgl.off.  Both AFCADs were renamed to .off.  I will try a re-install and report back.  Thanks.

Psybear

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 03:42:05 am »
Here's a list of the FS8/9 aircraft models lingering in MyTraffic that Burkhard hasn't got around to fix because he fell ill:

AS365MX
B707MTM
B742MTM
BJ400
CV440MX
DC6MX
DC8-50MX
DC10-MTM
HarrierMX
SH3MX
UH1MX
UH60MX

Try removing those models or convert if you know how. Hope this helps.

Clayton
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:44:50 am by Psybear »
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

njuser

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 04:32:29 pm »
Hi Clayton,
Thanks for the response.  I did finally get it working properly.  I did a full uninstall, redownloaded the program, and reinstalled.  Only additional thing I had to do was disable the military aircraft and it worked fine.  Thanks for all of the help!
Seth