Author Topic: Why bglman.dll is deactivated when launching FS9 ?  (Read 3539 times)

chriscp

Why bglman.dll is deactivated when launching FS9 ?
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:33:07 pm »
Hello,

FSX has an online activation and by the way the CD is not needed when launching FSX.

When launching FS9 you must insert CD number 4 in your CDrom.
The more you use a CD, the more you get risk to make damage to it.

So:

- Before, for FS9 (not patched 9.1), I always used the FS9 noCD.exe (replacing FS9.exe) to avoid damage.

- When i bought all Cloud9 and FSdreamteam  sceneries, i patched  FS9 with fs91updFRA.exe (french version).
I downloaded the new noCD.exe for FS9.1 and i overrided FS9.exe with it.

Then i installed all Cloud9 and FSdreamteam sceneries.

Everything was OK and is still OK...

Yesterday, making tests, i overrided the FS9 noCD.exe by the original FS9-1.exe
I launched FS9 inserting the CD number 4.

First, I got a message error saying FS9 does not accept debugger program, and as soon a new message
appears saying bglman will not be loaded.

It was confirmed when i choose KORD: only gates and ai planes appeared.

What is the problem ?

I suppose that because i installed all your sceneries with noCD FS9, bglman.dll scans my system and
does not accept the original FS9 CD lauching.

If i had installed your sceneries with the original FS9.exe, bglman.dll  would not have accepted the noCD FS9.

Is that right ?

If it is right, why  ?

Regards,
Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why bglman.dll is deactivated when launching FS9 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 02:03:49 pm »
This has been already explained on the forum: there are 2 different versions of the dll, one is compatible with the MS CD protection, the other not.

Which version gets installed, is decided by the installer program of any scenery (or the stand-alone Addon Manager installer)

So, if you switch from a nocd version of the FS9.EXE to a CD version of it, you need run any scenery installer again, or the stand-alone Addon Manager, so it can put the correct version of the dll for the FS9.EXE you have.