Author Topic: KORD question  (Read 4693 times)

nillefix

KORD question
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:05:56 pm »
Hi,
I was out looking for a new scenery, and yours KORD looked beautiful, my concern is performance, since I mainly fly PMDG 747.
I usually go by reviews in buying new scenery(worked perfectly so far ;D), but I can't find one about yours KORD.
Does anyone know if I got the time to start up the 747 before the scenery reverts back to default?

Best regards/
Nick

My specs:

FS9.1
PMDG 747-400
Active Sky 6
Radar Control
Intel QuadCore Q6600 2.4GHz
3GB RAM
GeForce 8600GS
Windows Vista Home Premium

BOOM

Re: KORD question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:05:22 pm »
 Hello Nick,I find O'Hare for FSX very frame rate friendly.My system is just a tad beefier than yours,Q9650 3.0GHZ 4gigram Vista 64.I also run the PMDG 747 with no trouble,It's an awsome scenery purchase,You'll love it!!

Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:17:09 pm »
Does anyone know if I got the time to start up the 747 before the scenery reverts back to default?

The Trial time doesn't start until you enter in the O'Hare area so, if you don't have a ready made situation with the airplane started, you might want to make the start-up sequence on a different airport, then warp to O'Hare using the World->Airport menu.

This might be useful also if you want to plan a flight into O'Hare. The trial time starts about 8-9 nm outside the airport perimeter so, it should be enough to allow you to land.

Also, don't forget there's no limit on the number of times you can restart FSX, and getting another trial. You simply can't fly for more than 5-6 minutes at time, but there's no limit of how many trial periods you have, and there's no expiration date either.

nillefix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:33:41 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies!
Hope it works as well in FS9
I will certainly have a go at it!
Didn't think of the "warp thing" =).

Best regards/

Nick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:34:26 pm »
Yes, of course it's the same for FS9. It's just that we have stopped to use FS9 such a long time ago, that it just felt natural to type FSX. And of course, the other poster comment that he use O'Hare on FSX, lead to believe that you use FSX as well.