Author Topic: Installing FSDT Scenerys On Seperate Harddrive  (Read 2801 times)

Speedbird ATC

Installing FSDT Scenerys On Seperate Harddrive
« on: July 22, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »
In a month or so I am getting a new PC. Unfortunately due to budget reasons I was only able to afford a 250 gb ssd for the system and sim. I plan to install as many addons as possible on a seperate 2 tb hdd. Unfortunately, looking at the FSDT install process, the data for the scenery is all installed into programfilesx86, on the c-drive. Is there anyway to change this setup?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing FSDT Scenerys On Seperate Harddrive
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:15:35 am »
Unfortunately, looking at the FSDT install process, the data for the scenery is all installed into programfilesx86, on the c-drive. Is there anyway to change this setup?

If you Uninstall ALL FSDT (and Flightbeam's) sceneries, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?", the next installation will allow you to choose another path, even on a different drive, which will then used by all other installations.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:23:31 pm »
Thanks. So just to confirm this will work with ANY FSDT scenery? (Or any FB scenery that uses Coutl)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 04:12:17 pm »
Thanks. So just to confirm this will work with ANY FSDT scenery? (Or any FB scenery that uses Coutl)

Of course. All our installers are exactly the same.