Author Topic: worser graphics and performens after installalling GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 2611 times)

Xam06

Hello,
I am german so please correct me, if do spelling or grammer mistakes ;D.
I reinstalled my complete FSX with my add-ons (PMDG737, REX4; Airports...)  and the graphics looked very nice. Today I installed GSX. Then I started my FSX and the font (menu) was bigger and blurrier. The planes and other objects pixelated, too. Before I installed GSX I had 20-30 FPS, now I have 8 FPS. Of course will I have a few FPS less with GSX but over 12 PS less ?
I deinstalled GSX and Sode but that doesn't help.
Do you know why I have worser Graphics now ?
The first screenshot is with GSX (the clouds looks better because I installed REX).
The second picture is before I installed GSX (and REX).

I don't want do reinstall my complete FSX again so please help me!
Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:21:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: worser graphics and performens after installalling GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:22 pm »
Installing GSX will not affect your graphic settings in any way, the ONLY single setting the GSX installer changes in your FSX.CFG, is to be sure the "Advanced animations" flag is enabled, otherwise human animations and jetways will not work.

So no, it's not possible that installing GSX could cause a change in graphic quality or performance.

I deinstalled GSX and Sode but that doesn't help.

Of course it does't. Since the problem wasn't caused by installing GSX, it's normal it that uninstalling it won't change anything.

Xam06

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:49:14 am »
I reinstalled my complete FSX and bug was there again after installing GSX. I am playing FSX in window mode. I switched to full-screen mode (Alt+enter) and the problem was solved and I switched to window mode again. No more Problems. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 01:20:58 pm »
I switched to full-screen mode (Alt+enter) and the problem was solved and I switched to window mode again. No more Problems. :)

Which clearly confirm the problem didn't had anything to do with GSX, but it was related to the video driver settings. Nothing in the GSX installer changes anything in the graphic settings of the sim.