Author Topic: Jetways Only - No Buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 4611 times)

canadagoose

Jetways Only - No Buildings **SOLVED**
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:36:23 am »
I have Addon manager and couatl in my FSX menu, so I'm just wondering why I have the No buildings problem with all my sceneries. I have reinstalled the airports and realize they reside under Program Files (X86)\Addon Manager. When I install the scenery I notice they are not automatically added to my scenery library but now I have to manually add them to the library. I that correct. That certainly was not the case in the past. Or am I doing the something wrong here. Also, when I look at the Addon Manager, all the sceneries say ACTIVE, but not added to the scenery library. Could this be a result of recent purchases I made where all my airports were moved from the FSX directory over to the Program Files directory? Everything seems pretty messed up at this point.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:39:27 am by virtuali »

canadagoose

Re: Jetways Only - No Buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:19:10 am »
I have restarted FSX and several scenery look OK. Just testing in FSX now to determine which ones are not showing up. I will likely reinstall and see what happens. I did notice KJFK2 did show up in the scenery library when I reinstalled. Sorry for the alarm, all but 4 of my scenery appear OK in FSX. Those 4, I will reinstall KCLT KFLL KIAH and KMEM tomorrow and I am confident they will be OK. I will announce the result tomorrow.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:40:26 am by canadagoose »

canadagoose

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:26:03 pm »
Still not seeing some airports. Says it is active but not added to library. I use SceneryConfig Editor, could that be causing problems especially messing up my scenery.cfg file in FSX? I think it is the problem (I hope). I just exited FSX and checked off all FSD scenery, and saved scenery.cfg file using the SceneryConfig Editor and restarted FSX which rebuilt the scenery library. This seems to be my problem. The airports were not in the scenery.cfg file before. Now they are both ACTIVE and are added to the scenery library. I can now see all FSD airports within FSX. Just have to remember to check off the airport(s) I want to appear in FSX when I use SceneryConfig Editor.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:04:52 am by canadagoose »

ironcondor

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 01:20:37 am »
Same here. What I have noticed is the FSDT airports do not show. ORD shows jetways for me. KLAS and KMEM shows no airport. However, the Flightbeam airports work great! Did the live update and all seemed to work good.

Morten

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 04:21:43 am »
If you have FTX Vector installed, remember to execute FTX Global Vector Config. tool / Airport Elevation Corrections, each and every time upon adding/ disabling scenery in FSX!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 07:18:36 am »
Still not seeing some airports. Says it is active but not added to library. I use SceneryConfig Editor, could that be causing problems especially messing up my scenery.cfg file in FSX? I think it is the problem (I hope). I just exited FSX and checked off all FSD scenery, and saved scenery.cfg file using the SceneryConfig Editor and restarted FSX which rebuilt the scenery library. This seems to be my problem. The airports were not in the scenery.cfg file before. Now they are both ACTIVE and are added to the scenery library. I can now see all FSD airports within FSX. Just have to remember to check off the airport(s) I want to appear in FSX when I use SceneryConfig Editor.

This is your main issue. Don't ever turn off the FSDT sceneries in the scenery.cfg in an attempt to save VAS. It's been gone over many, many times here that it is not needed since Couatl will not load the scenery when your not in loading range. In addition, if you enable an FSDT scenery while the sim is running, you will have to exit the sim and restart for the buildings to show.

Best advice, don't turn off FSDT sceneries ever as it won't improve performance and only cause issues.

Frisian

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 06:31:33 pm »
I've the same issues simce e week or so after I installed the new FSaddon manager. When I press the FSDT live update on my screen they all appeare and when I do not update the FSDT sceneries don't apeare in FSX.
This only happens with the FSDT sceneries. All other sceneries are fine. Does this mean I always have to update before a flight?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 10:08:31 pm »
This only happens with the FSDT sceneries. All other sceneries are fine. Does this mean I always have to update before a flight?

Obviously not!

This seems like an antivirus bug. Your antivirus either blocks or remove some of our files, so our Live Update brings them back. Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:39:15 am by virtuali »

Frisian

Re:
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 05:42:27 pm »
Thanks Umberto, this could be the solution. I excluded the addon manager and the scenery is now loading. Strange though that I didn't get a message from my antivirus that it blocked something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SGP521 met Tapatalk