Author Topic: Couple of issues **SOLVED**  (Read 2105 times)

Slider

Couple of issues **SOLVED**
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:30:00 am »
So, first things first: awesome products, big fan, specially GSX since AES hasn't moved onto P3D.
Now...the bad part (Win7, latest P3D 3.4): I've had it all working great (GSX, KSFOHD, KORD, CYVR) until I got Ezdok v2. I've installed it, played around, didn't quite like it, then removed it. Then, the Addon Manager and Couatl dissapeared from top menu. Ran Addon manager installer again and it all went rolling downhill there. P3D wouldn't start, so uninstalled everything about FSDT via Windows add/remove, but that wasn't working somehow. Sim still threw up error on loading about all above sceneries AND KIAD, KIAH and KLAX (which I never installed before), asking if I should unload them). I've manually deleted all traces of FSDT that I could find in root and Program Data folders, but sceneries keep coming back despite them gone from scenery.cfg.

Any way of manually removing it all without reinstall? P3D grew to about 400 Gb now....so not quite an option.

Yes, I went through the forums and FAQ for about 4 days now.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:26:35 pm by Slider »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:33:38 am »
It's clear that all problems were caused by Ezdok, which seems to be very unstable.

Your mistake was to assume that this was something related to our products, and started uninstalling and/or (which worse) probably removing things by hand, which would explain why you got messages about orphaned areas, which you shouldn't have, had you used only our uninstaller without removing any files manually.

The scenery.cfg is not used anymore starting with P3D 3.4 and up, so it's entirely normal you wouldn't see the sceneries there, since they are now activated by their add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d v3 addons folder. If you used our uninstallers, these files would have been removed during the uninstall process, of course.

Reinstalling the sim wouldn't help, but you should first be sure to Uninstall all FSDT product using the Uninstaller in the Windows Control panel, and you must do it, even if you already removed the scenery manually, because the uninstall does extra clean up you might not aware of.

Uninstall all the FSDT sceneries, uninstall the Addon Manager and then SODE, then reinstall ONE product, GSX for example, check if it works, and report back. Don't touch anything.

Slider

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:52:10 pm »
As stated above, I HAVE used the Windows' Add or Remove Programs to uninstall FSDT products. After that, sceneries were still called upon by add-on.xml (which I didn't know was the thing until you said it), which is when I started digging in folders to find what's left. Now..I have reinstalled it all, even those products I've never had installed, yet made their way in (they're now Trials as I didn't buy them) and it's all fine, except GSX isn't working. It's showing active, but I can't get to it at all.

So that's the last issue: I've installed GSX very last and it's not in sim. Where should I check if it's inserted into sim properly (equivalent of add-on.xml or scenery.cfg).

EDIT: I have located addons.xml in ProgramData folder and this is what's in it:
Code: [Select]
[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KIAH
TITLE=FsDreamTeam KIAH
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager
TITLE=FsDreamTeam Addon Manager
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.2]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FlightBeam KIAD
TITLE=FlightBeam KIAD
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.3]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam KLAX_V2
TITLE=FsDreamTeam KLAX_V2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.4]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FlightBeam KSFOHD
TITLE=FlightBeam KSFOHD
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.5]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam OHareX
TITLE=FsDreamTeam OHareX
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.6]
PATH=C:\Users\DINO\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam CYVR
TITLE=FsDreamTeam CYVR
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:54:36 pm by Slider »

Slider

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 11:26:17 pm »
Not entirely sure what was the culprit, however, FSDT stuff is back to normal after 5 days of install/uninstall/reinstall cycles.