Author Topic: Nothing is Working P3D V4 Please Help!! **SOLVED not a problem**  (Read 6725 times)

Flyboy3245

Good afternoon,

I am struggling to figure out what is going wrong with my FSDT installs for KLAX, KORD and GSX. I have tried installing with No AntiVirus on, Administrator Privileges, Different Ad-don Manager Folders, Stand alone ad-don manager installed, P3D V4 only.

Every time I go into the scenery library all my FSDT scenery's are at the top of the list but are transparent and cannot be selected. This is driving me nuts!! I also have ORBX FTX Global installed and I am wondering if there is a compatibility issue that needs to be addressed.

Please help! This is what both my scenery's are doing. Photos attached.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:45:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Nothing is Working P3D V4 Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 11:45:37 pm »
Every time I go into the scenery library all my FSDT scenery's are at the top of the list but are transparent and cannot be selected. This is driving me nuts!!

And why you think this is a problem ? That's how they are supposed to be, and every scenery installed using the new add-on.xml method, which is the suggested one by LM, will look like that in the Scenery Library.

Instead, the other problem, with parts missing, seems that you haven't waited enough for the sim to create the shaders, assuming the installation had a problem, so you must have quit the sim before letting it complete the shaders creation.

Flyboy3245

Re: Nothing is Working P3D V4 Please Help!! **SOLVED not a problem**
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:38 pm »
Ok I now understand this is how the scenery's are now entered.

As far as the shaders go, your scenery's are the only ones having problems. Everything else works fine. I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to say.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »
As far as the shaders go, your scenery's are the only ones having problems. Everything else works fine. I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to say.

You still haven't said if you waited enough to let the sim recreate the shaders. It might take a couple of minutes, depending on how fast your system is.

And no, it's not "only our scenery" that does this. Every scenery does this, but you might have not noticed, because other sceneries might use simpler shaders which were ready sooner, because they were used by the default scenery.

If you are sure you waited enough, then it's likely a problem with your video settings. Or, you can try to force a rebuild of shaders, by removing this folder:

%COMMONAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Then start the sim, and wait AGAIN. My shaders folder has 2407 files, so it's refresh is NOT immediate.

Flyboy3245

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 12:37:30 am »
I have deleted the shaders folder out of the P3D Local App Data folder and have sat on the ground at LAX since 3pm and nothing has been rewritten. As you can see from the picture this has just made things worse. I highly doubt this is doing anything and I'm not sure why you think waiting longer is going to change anything. I don't even have an airplane showing anymore!! Its clear I have some sort of problem and its also clear that deleting the shaders folder has not helped.

PLEASE HELP!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 12:59:40 am »
I don't even have an airplane showing anymore!! Its clear I have some sort of problem and its also clear that deleting the shaders folder has not helped.

Sure you have a problem and, the fact you don't even see the airplane, clearly proves:

- It was related to the shaders

- It doesn't have anything do to with our products.

Try to reset ALL the P3D settings, by removing these folders:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

This will set every settings to default. At the next restart, you should see a prompt to reactivate all the FSDT sceneries in the sim. Reply Yes to all of them, of course. Note that, if you installed other 3rd party sceneries that didn't use the new installation system, but go into the scenery.cfg, this will reset the scenery.cfg to default, so you'll have to reinstall them all. That's one one the reasons why we used the new system, so you can reset all settings and even reinstall the sim, without having to reinstall any add-ons. Those the use the new system, of course...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:50:48 pm by virtuali »

Flyboy3245

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 01:38:01 am »
None of those address links are working when I put them in RUN. Is there another way for me to access those file locations?

Thank you.

Flyboy3245

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 01:59:50 am »
I'm not sure why this is marked as solved? I'm having more problems then ever now that I was able to delete two of the folders from APPDATA!!

No airports anywhere now!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 01:50:20 pm »
None of those address links are working when I put them in RUN. Is there another way for me to access those file locations?

Assuming you installed Windows on C: they are:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 01:53:00 pm »
I'm not sure why this is marked as solved?

It's marked "Not a problem", indicating it's NOT a problem of any of our products, it's clearly an problem with shaders, since you don't see the airplane too.

I'm having more problems then ever now that I was able to delete two of the folders from APPDATA!!

Because you haven't paid attention to what I said:

Note that, if you installed other 3rd party sceneries that didn't use the new installation system, but go into the scenery.cfg, this will reset the scenery.cfg to default, so you'll have to reinstall them all. That's one one the reasons why we used the new system, so you can reset all settings and even reinstall the sim, without having to reinstall any add-ons. Those the use the new system, of course...

But before you do this, be sure you clear ALL 3 folders, to reset the sim to defaults.